20 Gal Stocking Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by louiselulu, Jun 13, 2018.

1. louiseluluNew MemberMember

I currently have a 20 gallon tank that's been running for about 2-3 months. I currently have 5 harlequin tetras in there (I used to have 2 more but they died sadly). However, I think my tank has become a bit boring and lonely so I need some suggestions. I will add a picture of my current setup with silk plants and a marimo moss ball (sorry for the glare).
    IMG_1027.jpg
    I'm planning on having at least:
    7 Harlequin Rasboras (i'm gonna get some more to add to the ones i currently have)
    4 Red Cherry Shrimp

However, do you think it's possible to add more fish without being overstocked, maybe another school/shoal? If so, what do you recommend? I'm really interested in smaller fish at the moment but I'm open to all suggestions.

p.s. I don't think I want a gourami because it would probably eat the shrimp :(

2. GuppyGirl3

GuppyGirl3New MemberMember

I've never had issues with DGs and shrimp. Maybe a betta? Not sure about that though. I think that 4 or 5 male guppies would really brighten up you tank. What about kuhlis? Apistos and platies are nice centerpieces

3. RainBetta

RainBettaWell Known MemberMember

Ooh! Yes I totally agree on the guppies! That would be a perfect tank!

4. OP
    OP
    l

louiseluluNew MemberMember

I was originally thinking about getting a Betta but i'm too scared it might end up being aggressive. Maybe I'll think about guppies. I haven't had them for a really long time but they look nice haha :) thanks for the suggestions!

5. RainBetta

RainBettaWell Known MemberMember

If you did get a betta, I would stick with a female, just in case! They can still be pretty aggressive though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice