20 Gal Stocking Help

1. l

louiselulu New Member Member

I currently have a 20 gallon tank that's been running for about 2-3 months. I currently have 5 harlequin tetras in there (I used to have 2 more but they died sadly). However, I think my tank has become a bit boring and lonely so I need some suggestions. I will add a picture of my current setup with silk plants and a marimo moss ball (sorry for the glare).
    IMG_1027.jpg
    I'm planning on having at least:
    7 Harlequin Rasboras (i'm gonna get some more to add to the ones i currently have)
    4 Red Cherry Shrimp

However, do you think it's possible to add more fish without being overstocked, maybe another school/shoal? If so, what do you recommend? I'm really interested in smaller fish at the moment but I'm open to all suggestions.

p.s. I don't think I want a gourami because it would probably eat the shrimp :(

2. GuppyGirl3

GuppyGirl3 New Member Member

I've never had issues with DGs and shrimp. Maybe a betta? Not sure about that though. I think that 4 or 5 male guppies would really brighten up you tank. What about kuhlis? Apistos and platies are nice centerpieces

3. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Ooh! Yes I totally agree on the guppies! That would be a perfect tank!

4. OP
    OP
    l

louiselulu New Member Member

I was originally thinking about getting a Betta but i'm too scared it might end up being aggressive. Maybe I'll think about guppies. I haven't had them for a really long time but they look nice haha :) thanks for the suggestions!

5. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

If you did get a betta, I would stick with a female, just in case! They can still be pretty aggressive though