20 gal high tank fish stocking ideas

1. lfabb

lfabb Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've seen some other boards regarding stocking but I thought I would make my own. My new 20 gal tank is supporting my 3 guppies but obviously I'd like to eventually stock a community. What can be stocked with my 3 male guppies besides small tetras? Not a fan of catfish or the kuhil's. I'd prefer fish with color. I'm running a penguin 150 bio wheel filter and its stocked moderately with live plants. It's also gravel substrate and I do have some decorations for hiding. Thanks for the help.

2. Fishoholic23

Fishoholic23 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Maybe Bolivian Rams? A school of harlequin rasboras would work. Platys, more guppies,endlers.

3. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Welcome to the forum. What kind of fish do you like. You could do all male platy fish of different colors. You could do shrimp and or mystery snails. a trio or pair of honey gourami, or a pair of bolivian rams, male and female. and there are tons more options. Alison:;hi1

4. OP
    OP
    lfabb

lfabb Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How many Rams? Was thinking of adding 6 endlers. Also are Rams the ones you cannot have 2 males because of aggression?

Also posting my test results here how soon could some new fish be introduced?
    http://s32.postimg.org/n78lhqyx1/image.jpg

I do like the honey gourami; can they be all one sex? And will they be aggressive towards my guppies?