20 gal high tank fish stocking ideas

1. lfabb Member Member

I've seen some other boards regarding stocking but I thought I would make my own. My new 20 gal tank is supporting my 3 guppies but obviously I'd like to eventually stock a community. What can be stocked with my 3 male guppies besides small tetras? Not a fan of catfish or the kuhil's. I'd prefer fish with color. I'm running a penguin 150 bio wheel filter and its stocked moderately with live plants. It's also gravel substrate and I do have some decorations for hiding. Thanks for the help.

2. Fishoholic23 Member Member

Maybe Bolivian Rams? A school of harlequin rasboras would work. Platys, more guppies,endlers.

3. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to the forum. What kind of fish do you like. You could do all male platy fish of different colors. You could do shrimp and or mystery snails. a trio or pair of honey gourami, or a pair of bolivian rams, male and female. and there are tons more options. Alison:;hi1

4. lfabb Member Member

How many Rams? Was thinking of adding 6 endlers. Also are Rams the ones you cannot have 2 males because of aggression?

Also posting my test results here how soon could some new fish be introduced?
    http://s32.postimg.org/n78lhqyx1/image.jpg

I do like the honey gourami; can they be all one sex? And will they be aggressive towards my guppies?