20 gal high stocking question help pls!

WillM

Hey there,

i'm setting up a 20g (high) and i just had a question, i know that apistos and corydoras being kept together is a highly debated topic. however, i was wondering if it would be possible to keep 5 Similis Corydoras with a pair of borellii apistogramma? obviously tank will be heavily planted and have driftwood and caves for sight blocks.

thanks

kansas

The apistos will beat up the cories.

I never tried but that's what my advisors say.

MacZ

The footprint of the tank is too small for dwarf cichlids and corydoras to cohabitate without friction.

Sight blocks are necessary for the cichlids among each other. Not for interspecies problems.

The catfish are just too dumb to realize when the cichlids try to ward them off with display, and ignore all possible territory boundaries. The result is they get constantly attacked by the cichlids. All that provided the cichlids have taken a territory and are spawning.

A single Apistogramma would likely just ignore the Corydoras. But I wouldn't count on it, as even single kept dwarf cichlids will chase tetras and pencilfish that swim too low in the water column. I haven't tested this with Corydoras and I don't intend to do so either.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aclman88
Replies
Views
JeffK
Replies
Views
FishFiendSP
Replies
Views