20 Gal Centerpiece

Faith11

Hello! I was originally planning on adding a dwarf gouramI as the centerpiece fish to my twenty gallon high, but after doing some research on the iridovirus, I decided against it. I am also planning on having 8 cherry barbs and 6 panda cories. I was thinking maybe a pair of honey gouramis as the centerpiece, but I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Piaelliott

Well Known
I think honey Gouramis would be lovely!

Asaflame

Faith11 said:
Hello! I was originally planning on adding a dwarf gouramI as the centerpiece fish to my twenty gallon high, but after doing some research on the iridovirus, I decided against it. I am also planning on having 8 cherry barbs and 6 panda cories. I was thinking maybe a pair of honey gouramis as the centerpiece, but I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
I would do maybe bolivian rams

JeffK

Well Known
I have a 15 gal (same footprint as your 20 gal high - your tank is just taller) that's housed an apistogramma borelliI as my centerpiece for almost 2 years now. Before that I had a few peacock gudgeons in there. The borelliI apisto and gudgeons do fine in the cooler temps that panda cories prefer (a bolivian ram or honey gouramI would also work well).

Faith11

I was wondering how delicate the Bolivian rams are? I've seen some websites that say they need very pristine water and I would like a pretty hardy fish since I'm new to fishkeeping.

JeffK

Well Known
Faith11 said:
I was wondering how delicate the Bolivian rams are? I've seen some websites that say they need very pristine water and I would like a pretty hardy fish since I'm new to fishkeeping.
Bolivians are one of the hardier South American cichlids - they really don't need any "special" care above and beyond normal tank maintenance.

Faith11

Thank you for all of the suggestions

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Yes, I would do bolivian rams. They are very beautiful.

Faith11

Bolivian rams are usually kept in a m/f pair, right?

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Faith11 said:
Bolivian rams are usually kept in a m/f pair, right?
They can be kept alone. And yes, they can be kept in a m/f pair

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Welcome to fishlore!
That would be fine.

Top Bottom