20 gal blue or red

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
20 gallon long
would it be ok to get a blue or red crawfish the only place that carrys them at the size I want to start is petco and they say they only get 6inch I'm pretty sure they get bigger ,Input?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, not really. 6 inches is the body length, not including the claws and antanaes.

A 20L will provide walking around room - just make sure you have a good topto prevent it from escaping.

jclee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've actually dreamed of having an Asian Tiger Lobster, so that gets my vote. Maybe I'll get to live vicariously through you!

I've actually been eyeing the one here: but I just don't have the space for another tank.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
do they do good with plants what do they eat ive found mixed info on just about every aspect of these guys any info would help
I'm really more into the blue as price is a factor would a black light be ok for him that way the tank will double as an algae/moss farm
if I could have 2 id get the tiger and post vids for jclee lol;D
if that's the standard size then you gus will love a pic of the one in my lfs huge like at least 8"in the body he totaly dwarfs a 30 long

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are terrible with plants. Crays are aquatic bulldozers and will uproot them. They eat anything and everything. I feed all mine shrimp pellets, regular fish food (pellets, not flake), and dead fish from time to time.

Wild caught specimens grow larger than tank raised, so it's likely that monster was caught close to the size it is now.

2 in a 20 is 1 too many

The blacklight won't bother the cray, though I have no idea how it'll impact your algae farm.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
well then ill go with the blue what's the bio load with these guys

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media