2 Weeks No Water Change

83jase

Active Member
Member
Messages
271
Reaction score
93
Location
Gold coast
Experience
2 years
I'm confused is this 2 weeks into nitrogen cycle showing the parameters or 2 weeks without water change on a cycled tank and showing the parameters not sure which you are referring to?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
Fish N GearZ

Fish N GearZ

New Member
Member
Messages
14
Reaction score
11
83jase said:
I'm confused is this 2 weeks into nitrogen cycle showing the parameters or 2 weeks without water change on a cycled tank and showing the parameters not sure which you are referring to?
It’s a cycled cichlid tank I just tested the water to see how it is now since I haven’t had time to clean it the last 2 weeks seems good to me
 

83jase

Active Member
Member
Messages
271
Reaction score
93
Location
Gold coast
Experience
2 years
Ah I'm with now wasn't sure where the post was heading at first could of been taken either way. Its a planted tanks with low nitrates?. Seems very good but still do water change exchange minerals and heavy metals and other built up toxins that not visable to us.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
Fish N GearZ

Fish N GearZ

New Member
Member
Messages
14
Reaction score
11
83jase said:
Ah I'm with now wasn't sure where the post was heading at first could of been taken either way. Its a planted tanks with low nitrates?. Seems very good but still do water change exchange minerals and heavy metals and other built up toxins that not visable to us.
Yes it’s a planted tank

83jase said:
Ah I'm with now wasn't sure where the post was heading at first could of been taken either way. Its a planted tanks with low nitrates?. Seems very good but still do water change exchange minerals and heavy metals and other built up toxins that not visable to us.
Yes I usually change water every weekend just been a pretty busy couple weeks
 

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,194
Reaction score
4,465
Location
Ohio
Experience
5 years
snowballPLECO said:
Regardless of water changes good filtration will filter your ammonia and nitrite constantly until your nitrates are at unbearable levels for your fish
Not if you’re a bio-wizard like me and cultivate DEnitrifying bacteria in your tanks. still do weekly water changes.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10
OP
Fish N GearZ

Fish N GearZ

New Member
Member
Messages
14
Reaction score
11
snowballPLECO said:
Regardless of water changes good filtration will filter your ammonia and nitrite constantly until your nitrates are at unbearable levels for your fish
I’m running the Fluval 306 Canister on my 36 gallon bow front tank think that is good enough ?
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
15,457
Reaction score
16,998
Location
pa usa
Experience
More than 10 years
Filtration is as much stock dependent as it is tank size. As long as you can hold 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites your filtration is adequate.
 

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
100
Guests online
2,646
Total visitors
2,746

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom