ALOT of cherry shrimp

Between 6.6 and 6.8 pH 77 F

Was wondering if adding the following would be okay-
10x Chili Rasbora
8x Harlequin Rasbora
4x Endler's Livebearers
3x Sparkling Guorami
5x- Blue Bee Shrimp
(Mostly concerned with the Blue Bee Shrimp as I do not know how to determine TDS and the Livebearer's because I have read they prefer water 7.0-8.0 was wondering if they were hardy enough to adapt)

5 Gallon currently has
Mystery Snail
Racer Nerite
3x Red Rili Shrimp

7.2 pH 74 F
Wanting to add
2x- Endler's Livebearers
3x Pygmy Corydoras

julien0101

Reaction score
I will answer the question regarding the 5 gallon.
Corydoras catfish are schooling fish so they need to be in a group with 6 fish. If not, you wont see the natural schooling behavior and they may not be happy (but they may live)
Secondly, endlers are active fish and like lots of swimming space, they may survive in a 5 gallon and live well but they would prefer 10 gallons.

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
For aquarium 1, sparklers are micro predators so they will hunt down your shrimp. Depending on how many plants and cover the shrimp have they could be fine especially since you have so many. To avoid this risk would you consider honey gourami? They are the most recommended "cenerpiece" fish to keep with dwarf shrimp. If you are worried about the live bearers maybe just bump on of the schools numbers up, another option would be instead of 3 schools just do one massive one like 30 neons or 2 decent sized ones like 20 neons and 20 rasboras. Good luck!

OP
jaydivingboard

jaydivingboard

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SnookusFish said:
For aquarium 1, sparklers are micro predators so they will hunt down your shrimp. Depending on how many plants and cover the shrimp have they could be fine especially since you have so many. To avoid this risk would you consider honey gourami? They are the most recommended "cenerpiece" fish to keep with dwarf shrimp. If you are worried about the live bearers maybe just bump on of the schools numbers up, another option would be instead of 3 schools just do one massive one like 30 neons or 2 decent sized ones like 20 neons and 20 rasboras. Good luck!
20200510_173140.jpg

I did not know that Sparkling Guoramis were hunters I am glad i asked because I have 5 in my 20 gallon and i was just going to move 3, i will probably opt for honey guoramis (though my first choice was truly a pearl guorami but I think itd eat all my shrimp)

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Foliage is pretty dense - shrimp would probably be ok with the sparklers though they might stress them a bit when they come out.
-
I've been tempted to get shrimps but I suspect my clown loaches would hunt them down and if they failed to fine a few then the yoyo would make sure to get the rest.

New Threads