2 (Sunset) Honey Gouramis

patelike

Hi, I was wondering if two male Honey Gouramis will be fine together (I think my pet store only sells male ones). I read that Honey Gouramis are a lot less aggressive and territorial and more social than their Dwarf counterparts.

Also, I'm confused whether my current Honey Gourami is a Honey Gourami or a Sunset Honey Gourami. It was labelled as a Gold Honey Gourami at the pet store. Are those just simply color variations and not separate species?

uZhnlSf.jpg
View attachment gbBlk5X.jpg

The area around the gills aren't as red/orange as the photo makes it look. idk why it comes out that color because in real life it's a lighter yellow-orange in that area.

tyguy7760

He looks like a typical honey to me. Sunset honey's are a bit more orange.

Nympxzie

He's a regular honey gourami.
I have 2 males in my 20gH together, it's a moderatly planted tank still growing in so they have plenty of space to establish territory. Both my males have never fought or hurt each other. As long as your tank is larger than 15USG I don't think you will have a problem.

Anders247

I don't think you will have a problem either.
I know someone on another forum who keeps a large group of them together. They are a social gourami compared to the other species....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
ManMan125
Replies
Views