2 Questions About Guppies Question

1. Bithimala Fishlore VIP Member

So, I'm really used to inverts, not so much to fish. I lost my last betta and decided to turn his tank into a guppy tank.

A few questions:
    1. Will they eat baby ramshorns?
    2. Better to have lots of hiding places or lots of open water?
  2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Likely won't eat snails unless you crush them first.

I think a combination of both is best - plants and decor in the back and on the sides, with some open water in the middle and front.

Welcome back, by the way! I feel like we haven't seen you in a while!

3. Bithimala Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks, and yes, it has been a while. Holidays happened (a year + ago), and then we bought a house, so moving, set up, all that stuff took quite longer than expected. Of course, I also took the opportunity of more space and not being in a 3rd floor apartment to upgrade all the tanks, so my 3 10g invert tanks are now a 20, 29, and 30 tall. The betta went from a 5.5 to a 10, but recently lost him to dropsy.

Also means I've been able to satisfy my desire for a couple bristle nose plecos finally! Just picked up a 2nd one today when I went to get some Prime. So excited and hoping they're male.

I've got some very little crypts in the back - shoots from another tank, so I'll need to get them a bit more coverage in there :)
  4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds like some nice setups!

5. Bithimala Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, tanks were one of the first things we purchased... took priority over some of the furniture, lol. I need to get some new pics to share :)
  6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Please do!