2 Puffer Species, 1 Tank?

kujapirate1996
ValentinI is the puff that I already have. The dogface in question would be two or three times his size. The situation would be temporary, a day or two? But I don't want them to kill each other in that meantime, if they would.

AntsRule
Could you divide the tank? I don't have experience with large puffers but from what I've heard I would not recommend mixing puffers especially different species.

stella1979
Same here... no experience with puffers, but from what I've read, more than one is a no-no. Who's to say if things would get bad in such a short time, but at the least, this would highly stress your Valentini. I would avoid the situation if at all possible.

Guanchy
Can you divide the tank? or maybe get a large breeder box maybe? idk if this would stress them out even more trying to get to each other tho.

Aqua Hands
UHHH, Divide that bad boy and don't let them see eachother. I watched my LFS unbag and it was on Pay-Per-View under the name WWE: ROYAL RUMBLE

kujapirate1996
Thanks all for your advice. Basically, there is the dogface puffer at an LFS and his teeth appear overgrown and he is very skinny. I wanted to take him and try to trI'm that beak for him. Maybe then he would eat better and gain weight. I tried feeding him clams and mussels the store, wanted nothing to do with it. Haven't tried pond snails yet, though, but they might not be hard enough to do the trick at this point... Any ideas besides trimming the teeth for him?

I want to help this puff, but my valentinI and her safety takes priority if the addition would be risky, since she was here first, lol.

Latest threads

Top Bottom