2 Pregg Guppies-1 Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by SPC, Apr 13, 2018.

1. SPC

SPC New Member Member

7915DC2F-D294-4859-A613-73449186AC9D.jpeg B75BB2B6-D0D3-45BF-B9AB-94A2FF6B9644.jpeg Hey everyone.
    I had one pregnant guppy in my tank and i set up a breeding container for that guppy but i realized that my other guppy is pregnant too. So at the moment both of them are in a single breeding tank .. Is it okay for them to be in a single tank ?

2. musserump09

musserump09 Well Known Member Member

Just be aware of ammonia rising after birth. You could have 100s of fish in such a small container or tank ( hard to tell). Small water changes and I would be using prime and stress coat to treat water. Have you been using any salts?

3. OP
    OP
    SPC

SPC New Member Member

NO i have not used any salts....
    is there any home made solution to treat the water after birth? And is using the normal fish tank cleaner (used while changing the fish tank water ) suitable in this situation ?

4. musserump09

musserump09 Well Known Member Member

Seachem prime and API stress coat. I used salt when breeding guppies had better success with mommy's survival. I was able to measure it properly since guppies like harder minerals in water. But these two bottle should be just as good if not better to help aid. I would use these when doing water changes.

5. Allinone

Allinone Valued Member Member

If you can get one more breeding tank, it will be better.

6. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

I breed livebearers kere. Keep in mind that water quality is EVERYTHING when having new fry. Throw in aplant for the new fry for their benefit of security, keep an eye on the mother, and keep is mildly circulated as well. Feed the babies 3-4 times per day. And I concur, ideally, an additonal breeder tank would be ideal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice