2 Plecos Are Sick! Need Help!! 150 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by jpr1978, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jpr1978New MemberMember

I have a 150 gallon tank. Had it set up for 2.5 years. I have 4 plecos that are all 2.5 years old. One of them has white patches on his bottom and one of them has ligth patches on his body. Does not appear to be ick and the white patches dont look cottonlike. Please help ASAP! -Jeffrey

Attached Files:

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    The first looks like the normal Pleco color change. I've seen them do that then be back to their normal color a few minutes later. They do this in reaction to stress, excitement, camouflage and various other reasons.
    The second looks to have scars on it's belly. Is this new or could the substrate or it's favorite decor be sharp?
    What is your water change schedule? What are the water test readings for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates?
    Carol

3. jpr1978New MemberMember

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I am leaving now for the pet store to get readings on all of the levels with a water sample. I will reply to the thread when I have more info this afternoon! Thanks!!!! -Jeffrey

4. leeishomValued MemberMember

2.5 years in maintaining a 150G with no water testing kits?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice