2 New Tanks, 55 and 30 gallons.

1. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

Hey everybody, just thought I would post a few fish tank photos. Today my roommate and myself bought a 55 and a 30 gallon today. Enjoy the pictures! Also if anyone know what the long fish is in the 55 gallon, it would be nice to know.

Top 2 pics are of my roommates 55 gallon,
    Bottom 3 are my 30 gallon.

Attached Files:

2. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

If anyone could also help ID what type of Cichlid is in the 4th picture it would be greatly appreciated as well. And here is a picture of my updated 55 gallon. Video will be coming within an hour as it uploads! Enjoy!

Update: Here is the video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVCnOM6ctc

Attached Files:

3. Shadowbeam Member Member

Can't help with ID's but i think your tanks are gorgeous :D especially the 55g, it must be such a treat for the fish to be in such a varied tank with so many places to explore!

4. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Plecosaurous,

the long fish in the pic which has a long mouth and spots all around it's body is an alligator gar or some would call it a spotted gar. I've had one before and they were amazing. I would be careful not to put any smaller fish with them as they are carnivoures. It also will need a bigger tank after a few months or years as it can get really really big! Love the photos and the tank. Thanks for sharing! :;hf

5. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

The alligator gar is in the tank my roommate bought, how big does/did it get? And what size tank would you recommend?

6. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

7. Thunder Member Member

I really like the 2nd 55gal tank you have there. I have the dino, too. :)

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Pleco. Beautiful fish and tanks! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Ken

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful! I agree the long fish is a spotted gar. Great choice with the Jack Dempsey's. However, three in a 55g with the gar may cause aggression issues due to lack of swimming space. It's usually not recommended to put more than two Jack Dempsey's in a 55g.

Hope this helps!

10. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

Video is up! Enjoy!

11. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

The fish are gorgeous! But that Gar is def. going to need more space soon.