2 New Tanks, 55 and 30 gallons.

1. P

Plecosaurous New Member Member

Hey everybody, just thought I would post a few fish tank photos. Today my roommate and myself bought a 55 and a 30 gallon today. Enjoy the pictures! Also if anyone know what the long fish is in the 55 gallon, it would be nice to know.

Top 2 pics are of my roommates 55 gallon,
    Bottom 3 are my 30 gallon.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    P

If anyone could also help ID what type of Cichlid is in the 4th picture it would be greatly appreciated as well. And here is a picture of my updated 55 gallon. Video will be coming within an hour as it uploads! Enjoy!

Update: Here is the video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVCnOM6ctc

Attached Files:

3. S

Shadowbeam Valued Member Member

Can't help with ID's but i think your tanks are gorgeous :D especially the 55g, it must be such a treat for the fish to be in such a varied tank with so many places to explore!

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Plecosaurous,

the long fish in the pic which has a long mouth and spots all around it's body is an alligator gar or some would call it a spotted gar. I've had one before and they were amazing. I would be careful not to put any smaller fish with them as they are carnivoures. It also will need a bigger tank after a few months or years as it can get really really big! Love the photos and the tank. Thanks for sharing! :;hf

5. OP
    OP
    P

The alligator gar is in the tank my roommate bought, how big does/did it get? And what size tank would you recommend?

6. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

7. T

Thunder Valued Member Member

I really like the 2nd 55gal tank you have there. I have the dino, too. :)

8. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Pleco. Beautiful fish and tanks! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Ken

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful! I agree the long fish is a spotted gar. Great choice with the Jack Dempsey's. However, three in a 55g with the gar may cause aggression issues due to lack of swimming space. It's usually not recommended to put more than two Jack Dempsey's in a 55g.

Hope this helps!

10. OP
    OP
    P

Video is up! Enjoy!

11. Amanda

Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

The fish are gorgeous! But that Gar is def. going to need more space soon.