2 More Tanks! O:

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Emuhlee, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Emuhlee

Emuhlee Valued Member Member

I started off with a 10 gallon, and just recently got a 20 gallon. Already more work than i want to deal with right now haha. WELL I went and got 2 more from someone (they were FREE and both had filters...i can't pass up free lol) ones a 5 gallon and ones a 10. I'm not going to set it up and add fish because right now my 10 and 20 are enough. Any ideas what I could do with them? I want to keep them because eventually I will set it up for fish when I'm in a more permanent place, but for now any ideas? :)

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Do you have cycled media, or plan to cycle the tanks beforehand?

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

So when will you be getting the 300 gallon tank?

4. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

I will cycle them before putting fish in, but I'm not planning on putting fish in those for a really long time. Trying to figure out something else to do with them until I love to a new place. Don't want to put fish in all of these tanks and have to move them when I do. My two other tanks are in the process of cycling right now

5. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

What? The highest I'm going is 55 gallons and that won't be for awhile

6. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

7. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

Keep one or both on hand for hospital and/or quarantine. As u get more tanks, and your personal investment in your existing livestock increases, it’ll become more necessary.

8. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

You'll use them sooner than later. Once you start you can't stop. This is an addictive hobby.

9. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

Hmm good idea!

10. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

And expensive lol . I have to control myself.

11. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

Haha I agree. But it is well worth it, lol.

12. TexasGuppy

TexasGuppy Well Known Member Member

I inherited a 10g about 4 months ago, loved it, quickly bought a 54g, then a 10g QT, now I'm looking at 5g for my office desk to setup a maybe a nano shimp tank. Multi-tank-syndrome, nobody is immune.

13. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

I wish I had the room for all of these tanks haha. Right now I'm still trying to cycle my 20 gallon one which is probably gonna take foreverrrrr. I'm not exactly sure how to properly cycle yet. I'm just starting out with all of this

14. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

You have guppies so you’ be filling em up quicker than you think.

Buy a small airpump ($10), a small sponge filter ($6) and some airline ($6). Use Amazon.

Once one of your tanks is cycled, add the sponge filter. It’ll add biological filteration and oxygen BUT most of all when it comes time to activate one of the new tanks, install the sponge and you will be instantly cycled!

15. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

I have an air pump and airline. Could I get some cleaning sponges that are safe for aquriums amd stick in the back of my fliter? I watched a video on what types of sponges were safe and which ones weren't. Found a whole pack for a dollar. No fragrance, no chemicals. Do I just throw them in the tank or put them with the filter?

16. OP
    OP
    Emuhlee

I found a video on a cheaper way to make one of those. Pretty cool!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice