2 More Tanks! O:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I started off with a 10 gallon, and just recently got a 20 gallon. Already more work than i want to deal with right now haha. WELL I went and got 2 more from someone (they were FREE and both had filters...i can't pass up free lol) ones a 5 gallon and ones a 10. I'm not going to set it up and add fish because right now my 10 and 20 are enough. Any ideas what I could do with them? I want to keep them because eventually I will set it up for fish when I'm in a more permanent place, but for now any ideas?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you have cycled media, or plan to cycle the tanks beforehand?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you have cycled media, or plan to cycle the tanks beforehand?
I will cycle them before putting fish in, but I'm not planning on putting fish in those for a really long time. Trying to figure out something else to do with them until I love to a new place. Don't want to put fish in all of these tanks and have to move them when I do. My two other tanks are in the process of cycling right now

bitseriously

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Keep one or both on hand for hospital and/or quarantine. As u get more tanks, and your personal investment in your existing livestock increases, it’ll become more necessary.

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You'll use them sooner than later. Once you start you can't stop. This is an addictive hobby.

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I inherited a 10g about 4 months ago, loved it, quickly bought a 54g, then a 10g QT, now I'm looking at 5g for my office desk to setup a maybe a nano shimp tank. Multi-tank-syndrome, nobody is immune.

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I inherited a 10g about 4 months ago, loved it, quickly bought a 54g, then a 10g QT, now I'm looking at 5g for my office desk to setup a maybe a nano shimp tank. Multi-tank-syndrome, nobody is immune.
I wish I had the room for all of these tanks haha. Right now I'm still trying to cycle my 20 gallon one which is probably gonna take foreverrrrr. I'm not exactly sure how to properly cycle yet. I'm just starting out with all of this

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You have guppies so you’ be filling em up quicker than you think.

Buy a small airpump ($10), a small sponge filter ($6) and some airline ($6). Use Amazon.

Once one of your tanks is cycled, add the sponge filter. It’ll add biological filteration and oxygen BUT most of all when it comes time to activate one of the new tanks, install the sponge and you will be instantly cycled!

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Buy a small airpump ($10), a small sponge filter ($6) and some airline ($6). Use Amazon.

Once one of your tanks is cycled, add the sponge filter. It’ll add biological filteration and oxygen BUT most of all when it comes time to activate one of the new tanks, install the sponge and you will be instantly cycled!
I have an air pump and airline. Could I get some cleaning sponges that are safe for aquriums amd stick in the back of my fliter? I watched a video on what types of sponges were safe and which ones weren't. Found a whole pack for a dollar. No fragrance, no chemicals. Do I just throw them in the tank or put them with the filter?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

I found a video on a cheaper way to make one of those. Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 39 63.9%

Top Bottom