2 months in with no algae... i am suspicious

Discussion in 'Algae' started by kidster9700, Jul 29, 2015.

1. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

okay, some of you know my 38 gal planted tank. i don't know if its because of the plants or what, but i have somehow avoided getting algae in there. is that, normal? I've never not had algae. its really nice, actually. i don't know if i'm jinxing myself here, but why isn't it growing???

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

It should be normal. I've been having my planted tank running for a 1 year with no algae problems. Actually if I do see some kind of algae, I might think I might be doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

okay. i just wanted to get ottos but wasn't sure if they would be okay with no algae at all (i'll just feed them) but no one replied on the thread i made about it being okay for ottos and then i began to wonder if its okay at all hahaha. come to think of it, my planted betta tank doesn't have algae either.

4. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Yeah it's normal. On my 10 gallon shrimp tank I do have a little algae, but I made some grow on purpose. So the shrimp and snails can eat it. It's green algae on the glass and that's because I leave the lights on too much sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice