2 losses on the Tenecor

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Soas many of you know I little while ago I manage to get my hands on a 150 gal Tenecor Display unit that I'm using for breeding(holding females and Fry) So Tuesday as I was leaving for my fishing trip I found Evil motionless on the bottom when I went to grab him noticed the water was way to hot. So I thought I get to it when I get back and do something. The set up was on the garage and the last few days had been way too hot so the water in the tank was around 92 degrees. I wasn't feeling well when I got back to do a water change that big so I let it be till morning that's when I found my female Cobalt blue the same way and all her fry around her. I got lucky that they were all hatched and they were ready to get out. So right there I had to make a big decision so I took down some measurements and some magic work I found space to this set up inside my fishroom. I took my QT tank out and moved the fish I usually keep there to keep the cycle going into some other tanks and move the turtle tank and the rats to make room for the Tenecor. Empty the entire thing and put the fish in 2 coolers and the fry into floating containers and a dip and pour hanging container inside my AceI fry tank. Then when I moved everything inside and assembled the Tenecor ran into a problem the cord for the pump was too short and I couldn't reach the ball valves to regulate the flow by the levels. BUMP So I had no choice other to put it on the side wall covering about 10" of the double window. Now they are fine even with almost a 100% water change. Wow. The temp is around the 78 to 80 degrees range. The thing we do for our hobby/job. Attached are pics of Evil and My blue.

Attachments

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That stinks, I'm really sorry

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know. Evil was really scary fish with his Teeth poking out of his mouth but never aggressive at all. Blue was the biggest female I had in the tank She was so big you could think She was a Male.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry to hear that you lost two of your fish. Good save for the fry though Navy! I hope it all works out ok.

Ken

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Ken. Yeap the Fry are doing great. They are moving a lot and been like kids fueled on Candy. Woohoooo. Hehe. I got some more today tho. More AceI Fry The momma just started letting them out.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads