2 guppies in eclipse hex 5 gallon tank

rajs

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to having fish. I have setup this aquarium in interest of my daughter. I setup the aquarium tank on 29th dec , added 2 male guppies on 2nd jan 2007. I have thermometer, hex 5 has filtration and bio wheel, 25 w heater, airstone bubble system. I added the bio safe (detoxifier) for tap water cleaning which is the tank. I also added bio coat yesterday. Since 2nd , I have fed 2 guppies 3 times. ( 3 times in 2 days). Before adding the guppies I tested the water at petsmart , they told everything was OK, and they see some bacteria development as well.

Since I am new, I am excited, but at the same time I want to know from experts how to take care of guppies. IS there room for more guppies in this 5 gallon tank. when can I add them. Also since it is only 6 days since I set up the aquarium, should I do 10 % water change , I have not purchases gravel vacuum /siphon yet.

I do have gravel and couple of plastic plants.

Please reply.

Thanks

Golden Fish

Reaction score
it sounds like you have everything covered. Check out this article if you haven't already: https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm
Yes I would do weekly water changes (maybe more since it is only 5 gallon and it is cycling)

Although I have never had guppies, I would say you are maxed on fish. I would not recommend anymore in a 5 gallon. Check this out for some guppy info: https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-Guppy.htm

OP
R

rajs

Reaction score
thanks for response

Golden Fish

Reaction score
Very cool rajs! How you doing with your water changes? you get your vacuum yet?

OP
R

rajs

Reaction score
it has been 2 weeks since I setup with fish, I have done water changes for 25% for the past 2 weekends.

New Threads