2 great books on fish health

armadillo

HI guys/gals. I've just purchased a few books on fish health. 2 of them really stand out from the lot, and I highly recommend them:

1/ Fish health. Ed. Interpet. By Dr Chris Andrews, Adrian Excell and Dr Neville Carrington. ISBN = 1 - 84286 - 067 - 4. P.S. Am sure Chris Andrews is one of my old university teachers! (I read Zoology). It's not too big, and it's got really clear large colour pictures so you see without a doubt what they're describing.

2/ Handbook of fish disease. Ed. t.f.h. By Dieter Untergasser. Really good disgnostic tool ISBN = 0 - 86622 - 703 - 2. Don't read from start to finish, though, you'll be soooo depressed!

P.S. No idea why, my PC interprets the 2nd ISBN as a phone number. Needless to say it's not!

richdeer3

Helen Nash has many great books on pond care and design. Most are around $20 do they make great references or idea books. I really like her Water Gardening in Containers. It's too cold to play in the pond but not too early to plan next year's additions, Gail

Butterfly

Armadillo I have the second one and it is a good informational book.
Carol

Dino

About the best fish health book I have come across is the Textbook of Fish Dieases by E. Amlancher.

An English translation put out by TFH is my mainstay of diagnosis for things I do not recognise on sight.

It has 12 pages of symptoms and linked diseases that are tops.

jsalemi

I was looking around for the second one last night, but it's out of stock at Amazon, and though DFS lists it in their print catalog, it's not currently available for order from them. Guess they're all waiting for the publisher to print some new copies.

Butterfly

jsalemi said:
I was looking around for the second one last night, but it's out of stock at Amazon, and though DFS lists it in their print catalog, it's not currently available for order from them. Guess they're all waiting for the publisher to print some new copies.
try a used book store, you would be surprised what you can find
Carol

jsalemi

I'd be more surprised if I find a used book store around here. Not sure why, but they're pretty uncommon in the D.C. metro area. Amazon had the first book mentioned, so I ordered it; should arrive early next week.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom