2 Goldfish

gas_pedal

Reaction score
Pet smart told me that this was okay. Upon doing some research I am now confused about what to do. Should I rehome them all? Will they be okay if I keep them? I can't get a bigger tank.

Also, Im thinking that a betta fish would thrive in this tank. How would I go about preparing the tank for one?

WriterDayAndNight

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
First, learn about the nitrogen cycle (click on the blue words it should take you to a thread where you can read up on it). Actually, depending on the type of goldfish you might be able to keep one, but it IS best for you to just rehome them both. Could you post a pic of the fish so we can identify what type of goldfish it is? If you decide to rehome the goldfish and you want to go for a betta I first suggest getting silk plants, or live plants sense plastic plants can cause the fins to tear. The easiest live plants are java ferns and mosses usually.

gas_pedal

Reaction score
Thanks. I know about the nitrogen cycle. I just didn't know anything about goldfish. I think I will just rehome them.

jack22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How long have you had them? How big are they? If they are small, then I don't see why you can't keep them in your tank for the time being. Remember that they are big waste producers, so stay alert on the water conditions.

gas_pedal

Reaction score
jack22 said:
How long have you had them? How big are they? If they are small, then I don't see why you can't keep them in your tank for the time being. Remember that they are big waste producers, so stay alert on the water conditions.
I've had them for about a year now

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A 20 long could house 1 fancy goldfish. They are social though, so it won’t be good for them.

Make sure you rehome to a good home. The fish shouldn’t be too stunted.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom