2 females, What are they doing?

MrMuggles

Wrong answers welcome too

ProudPapa

That appears to be mild aggression. They're probably trying to determine who is boss. I know it might sound counter intuitive, but if it gets to be a problem adding more can spread that out and be less of an issue.

MrMuggles

Yeah, the balance of power in this group of 3 (MFF) is constantly shifting since they were added a few weeks ago. I was planning to add one today, actually. I think the good news is all three do stand up for themselves when necessary. At least for now.

Jragan23

Same thing happens with my female pearls! It has never gotten bad and none of them have ever had any injuries. Just make sure it doesn’t get serious. It’ll probably be just fine.

MrMuggles

That appears to be mild aggression. They're probably trying to determine who is boss. I know it might sound counter intuitive, but if it gets to be a problem adding more can spread that out and be less of an issue.
Lol I got 2 more female peals and I swear the big angry male just increased his anger in the days since they were added.
The first 2 females seem to become increasingly deranged by their experience with the big bad male, and they are now completely anti social towards each other and the newcomers, constantly pecking and chasing.
No one is being injured but it’s not what I want to watch at all.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tscott667
Replies
Views
CTYankee79
Replies
Views
PlatySquad4
Replies
Views