2 deaths in a sorrority

1. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

i had 7 girls in my sorrority tank now 2 mysteriously died after both hiding for a week? i dont know if they were bullied or sick they just hid in one corner of the tank and didnt eat for a week? they could easyly accessed the food as they were at the top corner but they chose to ignore it. i have never seen any hostility between my girls could it be a parasite or something?

2. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

If you are going to keep a sorority, these are the kinds of things that require intervention. If a girl is constantly hiding, either she's been overly bullied, or just too timid to be happy in a sorority. In either case she needs to be removed. I am sure they either suffered a fatal injury, or more likely simply died of stress induced illness.

I have something around 20 females that I keep for breeding. Five of them were removed from the sorority permanently because I deem them not suited simply based on their personality.

Let me add. A sick betta in a sorority will always be bullied to her final end. They are unforgiving of weakness in their sisterhood. If you even suspect one of being sick they need to be immediately QT'd.

3. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

oh i could have known sooner.... i had 2 bettas with previous health issues in that tank but ive never seen them get bullied. it was one of them that died it had swim bladder issues and the other started losing color but i thought it was just from marbleing ive got to be more careful next time...

4. mg13 Well Known Member Member

Good idea... Lol