2 Deaths - Coincidence??

1. jbdub

jbdub Valued Member Member

Unfortunately I suffered two deaths yesterday :(

First was my Sterbai that was suffering from some kind of skin disorder. I'd posted about it here maybe a month ago but nothing seemed to identify the cory's disease. Last night she finally succumb and died. In the end her body looked completely dried out, white discolouration all over her skin and sunken eyes.

Then to make matters worse my bala(im aware of ppl's feeling regarding the keeping of these) only a few hours later died as well. The bala had a red pectoral fin for a few days but I just put this down to a minor injury. It now looks like it had Septicemia, this seems odd though as i'm in good control of water quality(stats below).

If anyone has ideas on why this may have happened please let me know. Otherwise I'll just put it down as a coincidence

Ph - 7.5
    Ammonia - 0
    Nitrite - 0
    Nitrate - 10

Thanks,
    J

2. Jeffcameron

Jeffcameron Valued Member Member

I'm not sure what problems your fish have but just wondering if any other fish have signs of illness? If fish were sick in my tank I'd take them straight out and treat in a seperate tank as you don't want to spread anything.

I'm sure you've read this before but doing regular large water changes can be just as effective as some medication for ill fish. From what you've posted your water seems fine but if I had sick fish I'd be doing big water changes regularly to minimise spread of disease to my other stock.

I hope things improve for you and you get a few more responses :)