2 day old acei fry

Allie
Final count 49, there were hardly any deaths. We have one more aceI mom ready to spit the end of this week.

COBettaCouple
They're such cute little fry and I love how they long. Make me wish we could start another tank with those little guys.

Allie
AceI like to school. Can you imagine a month's time this little purple school of aceI going back & forth? So cute!! Need a long tank for these guys they love to swim much more than any other species we've had yet. The blue dolphins join them sometimes.

Final count 49, there were hardly any deaths. We have one more aceI mom ready to spit the end of this week.
Miscount, there are 59 fry. The mom holding now mouth is MUCH fuller than that mom's was. I wonder how many she'll have?

KittieKat
too cute!!! I heart baby fishies! congrats!

Lucy
Gosh, they sure are cute, will they keep the spots as they get older?
I just googled pics for acei, they are so pretty.

TheEssigs
congrats on the the little ones.

Allie
Gosh, they sure are cute, will they keep the spots as they get older?
I just googled pics for acei, they are so pretty.
No the spots go. There are 3 variety of acei. The parents are the ones who are all purple with a yellow with white tail...here's a pix of the aceI we have.

Lucy
No the spots go. There are 3 variety of acei. The parents are the ones who are all purple with a yellow with white tail...here's a pix of the aceI we have.

Thank you! I love this forum, I am always learning something.
What are you going to do with all those babies?

Allie
Thank you! I love this forum, I am always learning something.
What are you going to do with all those babies?
We have a connection at our favorite lfs, who gives us so much per fish and we know a bunch of people who want them. Right now we know a lot of people into African cichlids so it'll be no problem getting the fry good homes. ;D
This is the exact species we have

COBettaCouple
Wow.. you're really going to be swimming in those little fry soon. ;D

Allie
Wow.. you're really going to be swimming in those little fry soon. ;D
Any day now, 2 33g will be full of little acei.

COBettaCouple
We'd be glad to find a place for one of those tanks.. just :helpsmilie:ing out.

Allie
We'd be glad to find a place for one of those tanks.. just :helpsmilie:ing out.
LOL...If our africans keep breeding like this we're going to need a lot more tanks & accessories. We still have our second bed room to fill with tanks. As soon as we throw out the junk in there, it's going to be a fish room again. Unless we find a nicer place to move to we may be filling it up sooner.
I really wish a lot of you guys from FishLore were nearby...I'd know my babies would be going to good home for sure. Or at least someone would be willing to help out with fish stuff.

COBettaCouple
Yea, and I know the AceI would sell great here. Cichlids are probably the most popular fish around here and people are always looking for good quality africans.. it's so hard to find them in the stores.

Allie
Yea, and I know the AceI would sell great here. Cichlids are probably the most popular fish around here and people are always looking for good quality africans.. it's so hard to find them in the stores.
Here too. We've gotten great comments on the fish we've only had from lfs for a few months then trade them back for something else. The fish room manager can't believe the growth rate we get and how healthy they become in short periods of time. The ones we sell or trade back usually sell before the other fish. Which is why we want to open our own environmentally friendly, fish breeding store/warehouse.

capekate
..bet I know what your going to do with some of those new tanks your getting! lol...

~ kate

Allie
..bet I know what your going to do with some of those new tanks your getting! lol...

~ kate
LOL...Well eventually, we do have a 33g set up for the new batch. They will coming into the world any day now.

Angela_96
How cute! That's the same acei's we have, well I have one of! I would love to have a pair to breed they are so pretty!

Allie
How cute! That's the same acei's we have, well I have one of! I would love to have a pair to breed they are so pretty!
Africans don't pair off. They breed with as many available female fish as they can. Which is why people recommend 1 male to 3 females.

COBettaCouple
Actually, although most don't - some africans do pair off, such as our Julidochromis marlieri.

Allie
Actually, although most don't - some africans do pair off, such as our Julidochromis marlieri.
I meant only MalawI africans. ops:

Tayful
Wow, they adorable. I'm mega jealous. Congratulations!

Top Bottom