2 canister filters position of spray bars.

Mortisha

I am currently using a Fluval 306, I have ordered a Eheim Classic 2217. I have the Fluval setup with intake on left and spray bar running along back wall from the right. I plan on moving whole canister to right side of tank later. Would it be ok when I hook Eheim up to put the intake on left near the Fluval intake but angle it a bit and put spray bar on side wall to flow across left to right? Or should I take the Fluval spray bar off and put the duckbill on it and run the Eheim spray bar across the back of tank? I know the ideal setup would be have the intakes on opposite sides of tank but for now it would be a pain to get to bottom right side of stand. Should I rotate the Fluval spray bar so it sprays on the back glass to have flow down the wall? Thank for any advise.

utkgreg

I like circular flow, but the key is to try to eliminate dead spots as much as you can in your tank. In a two canister setup I normally have the two intakes near the center and the two outputs, be it spray bar or bill, flowing from opposite back corners.

Similar Aquarium Threads

60 Gallon Tank Fluval Roma 240 spray bar
Replies
Views
bermese2002
Replies
Views
Wrench
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
  • Question