2 Blood Parrots

1. jganno Initiate Member

Hi, I have 2 Red Blood Parrots that I just got yesterday. Every time they see me, they rush to the corner of the tank. They are scared of me. I tried putting some sinking cichlid pellets this morning, but it just ignored it. How will I feed it?

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!!!

BP are shy fish and need a bunch of hiding spots. As they get use to the new tank, they can be quite interactive with you. Terra cotta pots are great hidey spots for them. Just make sure you wash them in hot water and that they have no paint on them.

Heres a link to the hyrbrid section and there will be a bunch of pictures for you to see others tanks :) https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/parrot-cichlid/

Good Luck!

:;fIve moved your thread to the BP section so others may see it

3. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

BPs are some of the biggest pigs you can have in your tank. They'll eat, believe me.

As Shawnie said, they are very shy. It can literally take months before they'll stay out when you approach the tank. Patience is a must.

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Great information above. :)

Check out the information in the link below and my post #5:
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/parrot-cichlid/116200-parrot-fish-advice.html#post1268957

Best wishes for your fish! I hope you can share some photos/videos of your new additions with us :)

Wonderful fish!

ooooo a Gar with Bloody Parrots makes me fear for the Bloody Parrots lives. :(

Ken

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Hybrid Fish to Hybrid Fish/Parrot Cichlid section of the forum. Shawnie wasn't aware of the subforum for Parrot Cichlid.

6. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

They can be very shy little guys but I have 2 of my own and they follow me no matter where I am around the tank. Mine are very curious and they love to eat eat eat and eat some more. To be honest I was very concerned about them hiding all the time because in the fish store they do. The fish store guy had to pick up a decorative piece in the middle of the tank so I could show him which one I wanted. He was hiding underneath the thing. However, since I brought him home its been a different ballgame all the way around. My live plants seem to uproot at times so if I put my hand in there to do some adjusting the blood parrots are right by my hand pratically rubbing against me like a cat.

Dont worry about them eating - they will.