2 angels in a 29, ways to diminish aggression?

Idkitsathrowaway

I will have 2 angels in a 29 gallon tank. with 5-6 rummy nose tetras. a mystery snail, and a dwarf snowball pleco. I do know this is overstocked. I will have a tidal 55 on it and it will only have a mild amount of plants, and a small piece of driftwood(under 6in) for the tetras to swim in. I will be gein the angels at around quarter size. I would go larger but, I'm going to college in a couple years and need to keep it small.(parents wont care for them), i do not plan on a dorm so I can fit a 29. I also plan on 50% water changes every 5-7 days. Probably not do the guppies( I was gonna get rid of all but 2 or 3), cause it looks like my cousin is abought to get a small tank, so my mom may demand I give her all my guppies(she knows I will be getting rid of most of them, and my cousin been eyeing them, especially the ones I was gonna keep)

I know this is risky and I will have a tank divider on stand by at all times, and my 10g(if my cousin doesn't take it) will. I really want 2 angels (one fish looks lopsided to me) I plan on one koi, and a koi thats yellow not orange. I do NOT want a breeding pair. I've asked this site before, i had a plan for my kuhlies and guppies, what they thought and agreed it was over stocked. Now that I'm not gonna have them I asked my local breeder and lfs and they said it would be fine if I'm REALY good abought picking up on aggression, and cleen often. I have a personal rule when it comes to fish size to tank size and it fits, no including activity level.

BigManAquatics

Need plenty of plants to break line of sight for sure, so maybe some taller ones. Places to get away from each other.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

Okay. the plants I was gonna get were gonna be tall, like giant hair grass

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

It is a risky undertaking, but if you are set on it, it can be done. Just might be a lot of extra work and observation over-all.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

Ya got my heart on it. ive had one centerpiece fish in a tank, just looks off to me, one fish in a tank okay hough. but my parents wont let me have more than one tank per house. Angelfish are my favorite. Heck as an excuse to google fish stuff on my school computer I wrote a care guide for them to look like a research project for biology. I'm willing to keep an eye on them, I've been working hard to have enuff money from them. (230 so far, but I spent some of a API test kit, and a couple refence book so I can trouble shoot injuries and illnesses off line. So im at 115 in savings so far!)

Upvote 0

Jaker00

I will have 2 angels in a 29 gallon tank. with 5-6 rummy nose tetras. a mystery snail, and a dwarf snowball pleco. I do know this is overstocked. I will have a tidal 55 on it and it will only have a mild amount of plants, and a small piece of driftwood(under 6in) for the tetras to swim in. I will be gein the angels at around quarter size. I would go larger but, I'm going to college in a couple years and need to keep it small.(parents wont care for them), i do not plan on a dorm so I can fit a 29. I also plan on 50% water changes every 5-7 days. Probably not do the guppies( I was gonna get rid of all but 2 or 3), cause it looks like my cousin is abought to get a small tank, so my mom may demand I give her all my guppies(she knows I will be getting rid of most of them, and my cousin been eyeing them, especially the ones I was gonna keep)

I know this is risky and I will have a tank divider on stand by at all times, and my 10g(if my cousin doesn't take it) will. I really want 2 angels (one fish looks lopsided to me) I plan on one koi, and a koi thats yellow not orange. I do NOT want a breeding pair. I've asked this site before, i had a plan for my kuhlies and guppies, what they thought and agreed it was over stocked. Now that I'm not gonna have them I asked my local breeder and lfs and they said it would be fine if I'm REALY good abought picking up on aggression, and cleen often. I have a personal rule when it comes to fish size to tank size and it fits, no including activity level.
I have a 32 gallon with 2 angels ≈6 longfin series 2 neons (I need to get more soon) some Cory's and misc. snails, they're all doing fine and I've had the angels for about 3 months, get them when they're very small so they can spend as much time together before adulthood, and if you can sex them get two females NEVER two males, it will probably be fine if you get two males as babies because once you can sex them they're very close to maturity and would be more likely to fight. TL;DR: it would be fine if you closely observed them and had hiding places and plenty of food.
I have a 32 gallon with 2 angels ≈6 longfin series 2 neons (I need to get more soon) some Cory's and misc. snails, they're all doing fine and I've had the angels for about 3 months, get them when they're very small so they can spend as much time together before adulthood, and if you can sex them get two females NEVER two males, it will probably be fine if you get two males as babies because once you can sex them they're very close to maturity and would be more likely to fight. TL;DR: it would be fine if you closely observed them and had hiding places and plenty of food.
I meant longfin serpaes

Upvote 0

Tetraman124

Get some valasnaria dwarf aquarium lilies are a great place for small fish to hide and of courses swords

Upvote 0

Jaker00

Get some valasnaria dwarf aquarium lilies are a great place for small fish to hide and of courses swords
I couldn't find anything about "valasnaria" lillies, but dwarf lillies are nice, I also have some java moss and swords.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Linda1234
  • Question
Replies
Views
Idkitsathrowaway
Replies
Views