2 angelfish problems 2 different tanks

1. Crownedfish Member Member

UPDATE:

A lot of are adults have been having problems. It seems its all about bacterial infection. This has killed 3 pairs of angels and deformed some fry (fins bending fin rot ext,)

This started about a month ago and we have been treating with a few kinds of meds. Buy none seems to effect there health.

I (Nick) am thinking its the food that is doing this.

This started about 2 weeks after we switched from angels plus food to omega-one color flake.

Could the food be causing this problem because are water is perfect and each tank has its own sponge filter and none are attached to other tanks.

Despite are water being great we have done daily 50% water changes and this with the meds does not seem to be improving there health.

If it isn't the food and the water is great then I am truly stumped.

We use ro water with ro right and tap water with prime for water changes.

The frys look fine with the exception of some bending fins\fin rot.

The adult\juv angels them-self are at the top of the water in some tanks at the bottom in others some have red\pink gill plates and others look perfectly normal. They all eat the omegaone color flakes.

Also as a side note this seems to only be effecting angels i have rams in the same tanks and they are just fine.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/crownedfish/6991ca4b.mp4
    http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/crownedfish/7ab93c20.mp4

2. TayJay76 Member Member

Hi:)

Could you give us specific numbers on your perameters on both tanks? This will help. What medicine are you using with your two koi pairs? How long have you been treating them?
    To answer your bubble question, sometimes when there is an excess amount of air in the tank the bubbles will stick to the wall, especially is you just did a water change. It's normal in that case and will go away in time.

3. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore.

Moved your direct links up as the other links were broken. However, when I click on your links I get a blank page. So cannot view your videos.

The symptoms you describe in both tanks sound a bit like ammonia or nitrite poisoning. What exactly are your parameters. What is the temperature of these tanks?

I would suggest starting with a couple of larger water changes to help clear out anything that could be causing stress to your fish. Something in the 50-75% range daily for the next week. And I recommend adding fresh garlic to their foods. Garlic is a great immune booster that also has mild antibiotic properties.

Good luck!

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I was able to see the vids and it also looks like a severe ammonia/nitrite issue....the fish are almost gasping in the first vid. Whats the date on your api test kit? I would get some prime or amquel+ and do daily water changes to be safe. As far as your bubbles on the first vid, its from the tank or water being refilled and one or the other is warmer. They will go away

5. Crownedfish Member Member

I'm certain at the point the 1 koi pair has a bladder problem. Both tanks are almost the same. 10 nitrate 0 nitrite 120ppm hardness 20 alkalinity 7 ph 250 conductivity 0 ammonia and I keep the room at 78 deg. Water change useing ro with ro right as a water conditioner or tap and prime. My kits 2 years old and my ro unit is good just replaced it 3 months ago for a 5 stage one.

We have been doing 50% water changes every day. The one koi pair with the bladder problem is floating at the topmon it's side now. At this stage I don't think there is much I can do for them they are 2 years old.

I'm useing melafix by API for treatment.

[​IMG]

6. Crownedfish Member Member

Just a update i bought a new api master test kit and check all my tanks just to find out every tank had an ammonia spike from .25-8

So that was the problem in the end