2.5g rainbow shrimp tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by monkeypie102, Dec 7, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Alright so i am moving all my rainbow shrimp that are still alive to my newly setup 2.5g tank...

Lighting came with it: 9 LEDs
    Filter: small internal filter 150v (what it claims)
    Heating: 7.5w heater
    Plants: 2java ferns, 1 anubias eye, 3 dwarf sag, 1 rotala
    Decorations: really cool rock my brother gave me!
    Fauna: Malaysian Rainbow Shrimp, Baby Ramshorns, MTS
    IMG_20121207_225349.jpg

2. CodyJ

CodyJ Valued Member Member

Looks nice I have a 2.5 gallon bow front

3. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

I just added some Xmas most that was randomly floating in the original tank... I only found 3 rainbows... 1 is red, 1 is brown and the last (I am sure it is female) is a blueish brown... sad day :(

I didn't know 2.5 gallons came in bowfronts... that is so awesome!!!

4. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry to hear about your shrimps

5. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Thanks :( it all happened when i added the black skirts for QT... I so didn't expect it with the tank being as planted as it was, goes to show what i knew... I may buy some more if they don't breed...

6. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

If you have one female they may come back. You might need a few more for some diversity in your stock anyway? I always toy with the idea of keeping shrimp in a QT tank, but some fish just love to eat 'em!

7. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

If they do come back that would be epic! They were super cool looking before...

Okay so as an update I moved everything, plants, snails, and shrimp, from my 2g cube to this tank :) so now the fauna/plants have changed some :)

Plants: pennywort, hornwort, duckweed, dwarf sag, anubias eye, rotala, and Xmas moss
    Inverts: 3 rainbow shrimp, 16 RCS, 1 mom a assassin (Sage), 25 eggs from Sage, baby Ramshorns (sages fav), and a few MTS...

I am at work now, getting ready to leave, when I get home I will make the tank look a little better and take some more pics!

8. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

IMG_20121208_234900.jpg
    Sooo I haven't planted anything yet t is all still floating around... looks more jungley lol... sad thing is 19 shimp small tank and i can spot the 1 assassin faster than the shrimp...

9. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Great set up! It's giving me ideas for my new shrimp, lol

10. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Yeah I haven't messed with it besides taking the filter that came with it out, way to strong blowing the shrimp around. Going to build a sponge filter for it tomorrow (later today whatever lol)... I also love the jungly look to it and the back is actually all open, the rock pushes the plants forward. I also spotted on one my females saddled so i am expecting a berried RCS soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice