2.5 Gallons Of Advice

frogman

Reaction score
I have a cheap lil 2.5 gallon tank meant for a Betta. I originally bought for my betta but I decided to get him his own 10 gallon home. Its too late to take the 2.5 back and I don't want to trash it. Are there any cold-water species that can live happily in such a small tank? The reason I say cold-water is because a heater would tank up Alot of room.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a cheap lil 2.5 gallon tank meant for a Betta. I originally bought for my betta but I decided to get him his own 10 gallon home. Its too late to take the 2.5 back and I don't want to trash it. Are there any cold-water species that can live happily in such a small tank? The reason I say cold-water is because a heater would tank up Alot of room.
You could do a shrimp tank! I'm not sure how cold your house is, but you could probably do RCS

navarro1950

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you start out with six and the water is right they will breed you may end up with 25 or more. But they need a heater. You can buy a heater for for small tanks like that are pre set to about 78 degrees and you need a thermometer.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom