2.5 Gallon Tank Inhabitants?

Gannon Irelan

Reaction score
(Idk if I posted this in the right spot oops)
I have a 2.5 gallon tank that I’m growing a few plants in and my sisters saying it’s boring because there is nothing that moves in it, I was just wondering if there is anything I could get that would fit this tank?

Gannon Irelan

Reaction score
Preferably invertebrates unless there is actually a fish that would fit it (someone said Betta but I feel like this is too small for one and I don’t really want one because I have another tank with one)

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gannon Irelan said:
(Idk if I posted this in the right spot oops)
I have a 2.5 gallon tank that I’m growing a few plants in and my sisters saying it’s boring because there is nothing that moves in it, I was just wondering if there is anything I could get that would fit this tank?
Shrimp! They are fun and very active, not much else can really thrive in a 2.5. Just cycle it first.

Gannon Irelan

Reaction score
WTFish? said:
Shrimp! They are fun and very active, not much else can really thrive in a 2.5. Just cycle it first.
Thank you!! Do you know any specific types of shrimp/ how many? I’ve never taken care of shrimp before but it’s always been on my bucket list

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gannon Irelan said:
Thank you!! Do you know any specific types of shrimp/ how many? I’ve never taken care of shrimp before but it’s always been on my bucket list
I like neocardia shrimp, and they come in many different colors. You could breed and sell blue dream shrimp (a really pretty shrimp). You could easily do at least ten, as they will likely breed.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Also shrimp have a VERY low bioload, so you can fit along, especially in a planted tank.

Gannon Irelan

Reaction score
emmysjj said:
Also shrimp have a VERY low bioload, so you can fit along, especially in a planted tank.
Okay thank you!! I think I’ve seen them at my LFS so I’ll look into getting them.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gannon Irelan said:
I agree with red cherry shrimp, I had a hard time at first due to hard water (they were bred in soft) but I overcame that and now have multiple generations in a 5g, I love them.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also I advise not to mix colors of neocardia, they will breed but eventually give off ugly brown babies, so keep your colors as one.

Gannon Irelan

Reaction score
WTFish? said:
Also I advise not to mix colors of neocardia, they will breed but eventually give off ugly brown babies, so keep your colors as one.
Thank you il keep that in mind!!

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh yeah snails are nice too, maybe a nerite, they stay small and won’t breed in freshwater. Fine with shrimp.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Mystery's actually could be okay they could provide enough ammonia to keep the cycle going. But yes, nerites are AMAZING. I have 4 in my 10 gallon, and they have a ton of personallity.

Gannon Irelan

Reaction score
WTFish? said:
Oh yeah snails are nice too, maybe a nerite, they stay small and won’t breed in freshwater. Fine with shrimp.
Yeah il probably get a nerite I have a mystery in one of my other tanks but I’ve never had a nerite

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom