2.5 Gallon Plants?

the.whole.crew

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have two 2.5 gallon tanks that I’d like to plant. I was looking at a bunch of different (easy) plants, but I feel like many would get too tall for the tanks quickly. Any suggestions for nice-looking, easy plants that won’t outgrow a 2.5 gallon tank too quickly? Also, anywhere you recommend me ordering from?

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Smaller anubias would be great as well as smaller swords. Java fern and windelov would do well, too.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score

the.whole.crew

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
endlercollector said:
Smaller anubias would be great as well as smaller swords. Java fern and windelov would do well, too.
Thank you!

the.whole.crew

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
phantom said:
I grow java moss in a 2.5 gallon
Ooh maybe I’ll try some, too!

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bucephalandra would work. Have a look at xmas moss - or any of the mosses besides java - as they have a more attractive growth pattern.

SegiDream

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Anubas nana petite is one. Petco and petsmart near me sell them as betta buddy plants in cups. Not as easy, blyxa japonica and pygmy chain sword require root tabs and low to moderate lighting. I have some 3 gallon bowls and I'm trying to grow both some "nano" plants and hairgrass that hopefully I will train to grow above the surface..

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
There's some really nice cryptocorynes you can get that don't grow that fast or that big and they have some really nice textuses and colours too. If memory serves me correctly the wendtii are one of my favourites. There's some really good looking anubias too nana pinto is beautiful and stays small too. Pogostemon helferi is super cool too and stays really short

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have a normal anubias and some dwarf hairgrass (it grows reaaallllly slow in low tech, but it does grow) in my 1.8 gallon. Moss would be good, but it could easily overtake the tank, which is, in my opinion, a nice look but I know not everyone likes it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom