2.5 Gallon Plants?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by the.whole.crew, Apr 23, 2018.

1. the.whole.crew New Member Member

I have two 2.5 gallon tanks that I’d like to plant. I was looking at a bunch of different (easy) plants, but I feel like many would get too tall for the tanks quickly. Any suggestions for nice-looking, easy plants that won’t outgrow a 2.5 gallon tank too quickly? Also, anywhere you recommend me ordering from?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Smaller anubias would be great as well as smaller swords. Java fern and windelov would do well, too.

3. phantom Valued Member Member

4. the.whole.crew New Member Member

Thank you!

5. the.whole.crew New Member Member

Ooh maybe I’ll try some, too!

6. aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Bucephalandra would work. Have a look at xmas moss - or any of the mosses besides java - as they have a more attractive growth pattern.

7. SegiDream Well Known Member Member

Anubas nana petite is one. Petco and petsmart near me sell them as betta buddy plants in cups. Not as easy, blyxa japonica and pygmy chain sword require root tabs and low to moderate lighting. I have some 3g bowls and I'm trying to grow both some "nano" plants and hairgrass that hopefully I will train to grow above the surface..

8. Lissi Kat Valued Member Member

There's some really nice cryptocorynes you can get that don't grow that fast or that big and they have some really nice textuses and colours too. If memory serves me correctly the wendtii are one of my favourites. There's some really good looking anubias too nana pinto is beautiful and stays small too. Pogostemon helferi is super cool too and stays really short

9. Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

I have a normal anubias and some dwarf hairgrass (it grows reaaallllly slow in low tech, but it does grow) in my 1.8 gallon. Moss would be good, but it could easily overtake the tank, which is, in my opinion, a nice look but I know not everyone likes it