2.5 don't know what to put in it

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay so I have the substrate like this ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436746143.325199.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436746154.062331.jpg
And the top is fitted glass but I want to put a spacer in or something unless it's okay. I don't know if oxygen gets in.
What should I put in here? I already have plans for a 10g shrimp tank. I just want one solo thing in here. I wish I could do a fiddler crab but they need like ten gallons right? Same with ADF? I could put a betta in but I like to have a filter with my bettas and I can't add a filter to this tank because the hood is fitted glass.
What about snails? I could do like two snails right?

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, snails would work, and one ADF would work.
If I can do one ADF that would be perfect! I know nothing about them though. I want to put a little suction cup platform on the side because they're semi aquatic right?

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay thank you! It sounds like an ADF is perfect for this tank I don't know what my lighting options will be so I'm not sure if I can do live plants. Maybe some anacharis. Will it be okay without a filter though? I can't cut a notch in the glass lid for the cable...

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436748017.155806.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436748024.992780.jpg
So I have this cave but it barely fits so I'm worried the frog would get stuck between it and the glass in the back part. What do you think?

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay, so I grabbed that grass type plant from another tank and I don't really want to deal with cycling. The big cave I don't think is going to work. I'm going to put some anacharis clippings in there tomorrow I think and maybe get some slate rocks to make a cave. My petco sells "betta plants" just little plants like the hair grass I have that I think I will put in there. I want it to look like a little pond and I think the anacharis will help with that. Any other plant suggestions for low light that stat tiny? ALSO could I have a mystery/nerite snail or an Amano shrimp in there? Something to help with algae.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think you could do an anubias. They are low light and low maintenance. But they also grow slowly.
I think Amano may be big for a 2.5.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think you could do an anubias. They are low light and low maintenance. But they also grow slowly.
I think Amano may be big for a 2.5.
Okay, I actually have a small anubias in my Molly fry tank that I want to move out so that should be great! Unfortunately bladder snail eggs hitched a ride on it and the snails chomped through the stems and so it's missing some leaves now...

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey so if I use anacharis cuttings from my well established tank, and other plants from established tanks, and I know water doesn't carry bacteria really but sometimes it does, basically if I fill this with stuff only from established tanks it will insta cycle right? I can water check for nitrites and ammonia but I could get the frog today probably.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Actually I have a sponge on the intake for my 38. I could just use that then probably.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom