1st Pic post

chipster55

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here is pic of new tank..I will post more if this works.

Well it worked so here are some more.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well there are some absolutely beautiful pictures here, but you have me stumped?! I see a beautiful Betta in a couple of them and yet he is not in the signature of your post. (Trust me to find the Betta ;D)

The tanks are very gorgeous and the fish look healthy and happy. You are to be congratulated. You can post many more pictures any time you want to. If the Betta has a name, be sure to add him to our little betta community. We like to know them by their names. They are just like little children and have much more to do with their human companions than with their fishie companions.

Rose

chipster55

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank-you for your compliments...His name is Gil..See betta posts..

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi chipster your tank looks great..and that has to be the cutest little red tail black shark i have ever seen.. ;D it would be good if you could post a few more pics of the red tail,he is awsome. ..

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Beautiful tank!! What kind of cory's do you have? The one I saw in your pic looks like three of mine, and I'm not sure what kind they are.

Sara

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi chipster on second inspection i also see some fishies not on your signature.. : im sure i can see at least 1 maybe 2 tigerbarbs in the same pic as your extremely adorable red tail black shark.. luv your shark by the way...are they tigerbarbs i see?? i dont think they will get along with your betta.. :-X .. you might want to make sure they dont nip at his fins,they are bound to do it at some point.. if they arnt already tormenting your betta then watch this space.. it will happen.. i can almost guarantee it..especialy if you only have 1 or 2 tigerbarbs..if they are tigerbarbs?,correct me if i am wrong but they look like tigers to me..

chipster55

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thank-u for your compliments. The red tale is my favorite also. I added 3 more tiger barbs which has gotten the whole group under controll. They are a strong group of school fish..mainly keping to themselves. I kept the watch when Gil (betta) was introduced to tank. He did well. No aggression either way.The cories I have always called Julies. But I could be wrong. I bought them from lfs and while there I found some cories that look like that Brown spots on head. I orgot there names but have some on order.I got the 4 grouamies from a guy that was moving. I will try to post a couple more of the rts.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gouramis and Bettas are of the same family and often do not mix. Be watchful as some member lost her Betta to an ornery Gourami not long ago. It is rare that they get along. I am sorry to be pessimistic but this is the case more often than not.

Rose

chipster55

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for info..I will keep an eye out for that...I have another 55 gallon Gil can go if problems arise. So far Gil just kinda hides in the plants..Also here are some more pics of Jack

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi there chipster jack is a little cutie,i love him..my red tail black shark was once like that to,but it dosent take long for them to grow into big menacing looking sharks.. i was just wondering if your betta is still doing well in the same tank as your tigerbarbs?? and here is a pic of how big my shadow has grown from somthing like jacks size in about 2 months..(and she`s still growing) this is what you have to look forward to ;D ..

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well here I am to really complicate things for you AGAIN, but poor Gil would have a REALLY big problem in the 55 gallon as the shark would not be a good idea as a tankmate at all. And the tetras have been reported as fin nippers as well. I am afraid that wherever you put him, he is going to have to be watched like crazy to make sure his fins are safe. It is not that they need to be by themselves but they need really care as to tankmates so that they are not niipped as they get finrot so easily when they are nipped and infections do develop once this starts.

I am an old fuddy-duddy when it comes to Bettas and SUPER protective so you may do as you desire, but you need to be made aware of the possible problems as I love EVERY betta I am aware of and feel real pain when one is hurt and/or dies so this is really quite my own opinion in some ways but the facts I have given you are every bit the best information I can pass along.

I hope this is helpful.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom