Help 1st Day Free Swimming Angel Fry

Vancouver Mike

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How long before free swimming fry will eat?
Should I start my brine shrimp hatchery today ? I'm thinking yes but wanted to check in with y'all first.
Today us the first day of free swimmers but only about 20 to 30 are swimming out of about 200!
Thx for any tips Or help as this will be the first time we have the babies with the parents in a 29 gallon.
We have 5 juvenile fry from their first clutch and 18 fry that are about a month old but we took the eggs out for both of those clutches but we really wanted to let the parents raise their fry at least once as we thought it would be cool to watch, especially after we noticed that both parents were so nurturing!
Again, thx for any help and suggestions
15639928733915470971401646826422.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats!! Are both parents platinums?

In my opinion/experience, the fry should get their first meal within 24 hours of free swimming. So I would start the hatchery immediately.

Parent raising is the best to watch!! I love when I get pairs that are really really good parents. I have had a couple phenomenal parenting pairs. And I never get tired of watching angelfish raise their babies!!! Its priceless.

Vancouver Mike

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats!! Are both parents platinums?

In my opinion/experience, the fry should get their first meal within 24 hours of free swimming. So I would start the hatchery immediately.

Parent raising is the best to watch!! I love when I get pairs that are really really good parents. I have had a couple phenomenal parenting pairs. And I never get tired of watching angelfish raise their babies!!! Its priceless.
Only the female is Platinum, male is Gold pearl scaled but we really had no intention of breeding them as we only had 2 Angels and didn't think they would pair up...we were happily wrong lol. I had no idea how cool it is to see both of them protecting nurturing and moving the wigglers from one day to the next , it's just been a great new experience!
Now that they have their own tank it's been another great experience that has just started.
Ok BBS started just after I posted my question, so by the afternoon tomorrow we will have brine for the fry.
Thx for sharing your experiences

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom