1st Betta Id Help

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by duelme2, Aug 26, 2019.

1. duelme2

duelme2New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    20190823_021432.20190823_021141. Hi all,
    Got this "baby boy" from Petco 3 weeks ago, and it is my 1st betta. It is now 1 inch + change in length. I was just wondering if it really is a boy, and what type of betta it is if anyone knows please?

2. Repolie

RepolieWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,126
    Experience:
    4 years
    Yes it is a male. As for the tail type he's either a super delta or a halfmoon, still young so you'd have to wait until he's mature to tell between the two types.

3. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,532
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    His fins will grown much longer given time. As stated above, he’a probably a delta or halfmoon (same gene, different degree of tail spread).

4. OP
    OP
    duelme2

duelme2New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Aww, thanks guys . I woke up this morning, and he was blowing bubbles. This is his nest right? Bettas are such interesting fish 20190824_162245.

5. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,299
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    He is a round tail or delta, his tail won't have the spread for a super delta or halfmoon, they build nests often specially when they think they can attract a female to spawn with (that doesn't mean get a female, they are perfectly fine without ever spawning).
    Nice and healthy looking boy.