180 Archer Fish Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by TheWalkman, Jul 20, 2019.

1. TheWalkman

TheWalkmanValued MemberMember

Been kicking around what to do with 180 gallon tank for a few months now. I think I’ve finally settled on doing an archer tank.
    Still working on my research for the archer fish just got excited to talk about it and share and hopefully get some info.
    My plan is to fill the tank 3/4 or so that way I will have some wood sticking above the water line so I can put crickets in there for the archer fish to hunt down!
    I will be running a fluval fx6 and an Aqueon canister filter.
    Any advise on tank mates?

2. Roger121

Roger121Valued MemberMember

archerfish tank, lol , i thought about that sometimes i never saw a store who sell archerfish.
    Looks pretty interesting yo, do u gonna make the fish hunt for food or will u feed them like a normal fish?

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

The first thing you have to decide on is the species. Most species are brackish/marine fish, which ultimately has an influence on potential tankmates. :)

But it does sound like a beautiful tank, ensure you have a good lid on it so they dont go wild and get water out of the tank.

4. DioAquatics

DioAquaticsFishlore VIPMember

Sounds like a pretty sweet tank! I know nothing about archerfish but I love the clouded archerfish. I'd love to do one someday