180 Archer Fish Tank

TheWalkman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Been kicking around what to do with 180 gallon tank for a few months now. I think I’ve finally settled on doing an archer tank.
Still working on my research for the archer fish just got excited to talk about it and share and hopefully get some info.
My plan is to fill the tank 3/4 or so that way I will have some wood sticking above the water line so I can put crickets in there for the archer fish to hunt down!
I will be running a fluval fx6 and an Aqueon canister filter.
Any advise on tank mates?

Roger121

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
archerfish tank, lol , I thought about that sometimes I never saw a store who sell archerfish.
Looks pretty interesting yo, do u gonna make the fish hunt for food or will u feed them like a normal fish?

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The first thing you have to decide on is the species. Most species are brackish/marine fish, which ultimately has an influence on potential tankmates.

But it does sound like a beautiful tank, ensure you have a good lid on it so they don't go wild and get water out of the tank.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds like a pretty sweet tank! I know nothing about archerfish but I love the clouded archerfish. I'd love to do one someday

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom