16-gal bowfront - final check of stocking list

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by olive, Mar 21, 2010.

1. o

olive New Member Member

My small tank is cycled and ready for fish. I just wanted to make a final check before I start stocking. I'd like to add:

6 x Rummynose tetras
    1 x Honey Gourami
    1 x Mystery Snail

Anyone see any issues with this list or can I head to the LFS? Plan is to add the tetras, wait a week or two, add the gourami, wait, then finally add the snail.

2. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I advise that you do a fishless cycle before adding any fish to the tank if you possibly can. Especially seeing that Tetras & Gouramis are pretty sensitive to water quality issues like the presence of ammonia. That way you won't run as much risk of having sick or dying fish. Other than that your stocking list looks fine.

3. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

Hey Nutter - the OP stated in the first sentence -

4. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Ah, well. I only had 2hrs sleep last night. Got sick kids. I'm still on my first coffee. You are going to have to forgive me this time. :)

The stocking list still looks fine. :)

5. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

:)
    That's OK... I don't mind an opportunity to correct you - god knows I probably won't get another!
    And no excuses... I'm still on my first coffee too, and working on the 48th floor with an eardrum that ruptured on the weekend! :eek: :p

Sorry for the hijack olive - on a side note, I do agree with Nutter on that the stocking list looks fine to me! (although stocking isn't my forte...)

6. OP
    OP
    o

olive New Member Member

Fab! I'm hoping to get to the LFS on Tuesday to pick up the Rummys. And maybe a 5-gallon kit that I can set up for a Betta. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice