15g Lightly Planted

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Salem, May 24, 2019.

1. Salem New Member Member

I recently got a 15g tank to put into my living room. It is cycled, lightly planted, and currently I have it at about 75°f. The only inhabitants right now are a ramshorn and some bladder snails. Current plants include a marimo, duckweed, mondo grass, and hornwort. There are also 2 small lucky bamboo plants in the HOB filter. I am also considering putting a java fern or two in in the near future.

I think I would like to have some shrimp- blue neocaridina or ghost shrimp specifically. As far as fish go I am thinking of livebearers such as guppies, platies, or mollies. 3-5 max.

Would this be ok? I'm paranoid of overstocking.

2. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

If getting livebearers go with all male. As for shrimp the guppies or Platies would be the way to go. Mollies get a little big and would be more apt to eat the shrimp. Give the tank a month or so to built up some bio film for the shrimp and so the water conditions level out then I would start with a few ghosts and see how they do. You can always add the neos later even with the ghosts still in the tank.

3. imba Well Known Member Member

Sounds fine, but I'd go with guppies instead of the mollies and platies. Go with 5 Male guppies.

4. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

Endlers are pretty cool looking too and then you could have a few more.