Question 150gal Canister advice!

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
you can put anything you want in there....it doesn't even have to be for the FX, or by fluval for that matter. =]

i'd put more in there than just foam....probably a lot of bio media (the ceramic stuff), foam and maybe a course and fine polishing pad.

Dogfishead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jerilovesfrogs said:
dogfish: were the canister's new? you always have to look closely at things being sold on ebay =]
just searched again,
brand new FX5 $210 with free shipping, but yeah only to US residents

chrisw1639

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
the fx5 comes whith the white foam pads ,but you must bye the media you want. I run it on my 210, started it months a head of time on my 75g. it runs very well. you'll love it too.

Mass

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah i have a FX5 on my 150 along with a JBL 1500 lph canister, i filled mine with 2 lots of bio media with a fine pad and mech filtration rings which i guess will also act as bio media

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
mine came yesterday wooot getting another one tonight these things are bad boys lol

thanks for media advice i will put in an order tonight also

thanks everyone

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
well I know this is old but seems better then starting a new thread!

I got my 2nd FX5 but was thinking of getting another 2 (2 per tank) then I got an 2217 and was hoping to get some advice on using a fx5 with a 2217 will it be enough for a 150G Bio wise, The american tank is going to be heavly overstocked as many people say its the best way to keep some of the fish I am after.

Trying to get my fish room some what going this month so hoping to cut down on price can get 2x 2217 for 1x FX5 but not sure if it would be good for Bio on such a large tank.

any advice thanks guys!

WEPS4

Reaction score
On my 244 tank I only have 1 FX5 and its on a timer running for 30 minutes then off for 30 minutes just like a refrigerator which saves allot of electricity, wear and tear without affecting performance or beneficial bacteria one bit. I also have a sump which I feel is necessary on a tank larger than 100 gallon to help maintain water level, additional low cost filtration, boost beneficial bacterial better then a canister alone, increase water volume, serves a a breeder for Black Molly feeders which also keep all diterous off the sump bottom as molly waste turns to liquid not solid they actually keep the glass bottom sump tank spotless. 1 FX5 can easily handle 200 gallons, having 2 on 200 gallons is a bit of a waste like having twice the air conditioners needed on a house running non-stop without a thermostat IMO.;D

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks, its more because the stock is for a 250G going into a 150G and I was told to make sure Bio filtration is very good as ammonia spikes will occur if not dont think 1FX would be enough?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom