15 gallon tank

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
This is the tank I've had since mid April. I have 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Leopard danios and 6 neon tetras in there. I also have about 30 snails in there. Every time I try to get them all out, and I think I've got them all, I always seem to find more. It's realy quite annoying now!!

Gwenz

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
try putting a piece of letuce in the tank after lights out and in the morning snails should be all over it, take it out and trough it away. this won't get them all at once but i will get some. you could keep doing this until they are all gone

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK thanks. I never thought of doing anything like that. I'll try it. Thanks for the tip.

Gwenz

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I saw someone recommend canned green beans, too. Throw one in at night, in the morning it supposedly should be covered in snails. Then ship to me.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Buy a spare tank, throw in some water and some snails and you should start breeding snails like crazy boxermom.  I put two in a half gallon of plain water and soon I had lots of baby snails.

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have several ramshorns and a couple of mysteries in my 10g hospital/quarantine tank. No babies so far even though I'm overfeeding. Course its also used as a grow-out tank for guppy and molly fry and its likely that they're eating any eggs.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately 1 Neon died a few weeks ago so now I only have 6x Zebra Danios, 2x Leopard danios and 5x Neon tetras in the tank.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That tank sounds really pretty Gwenz Is it crowded? Sorry to hear about the neon.
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No it's not crowded. They have plenty of room to swim around because I don't have much in the tank - 1 rock, 1 cave, 1 small airstone and 3 plants. Why do you ask? Is it over-stocked?

I've always thought that it might be over-stocked, but I do water changes once a week, and everything is fine.

Gwenz

Lucy_kk

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if Butterfly is thinking it is over stocked because the gallon system is slightly different over the pond in the Uk. 15 uk gallons is more like 12 (ish?) gallons in the Us i think.
Not sure if this helps?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh yes I know. Thanks Lucy.  I think the tank is 15US gallons. Ever since I first joined this forum, I've always talked about the tanks in US gallons, to make it easier, and to stop people getting confused, as most people here are from US and use US gallons. 

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well this tank is still doing great although have lost 2 fish reasently but still doing well!! G

wenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well had some deaths. :'( I now have 3 zebra danios, 1 leopard danio and 4 neon tetras left.

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D I found one of the danios that i thought was missing!! yay!! so i have 4 zebra danios, 1 leopard danios and 4 neon tetras!! ;D

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom