Question 15-gallon Stocking Options

RyanCoryLover

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if any of you had good ideas on some stocking options for my 15-gallon tank. From previous stockings, I had stocked a few platys and corys and other bits and bobs but most of these have died off and I have just now have had the time to put some more thought into it. Currently, I would like my tank to be a community tank with pH 6.5-7.5 pH friendly fish. I currently have a Delta Tail Male Beta Fish, and a single Albino Corydora(Yes I know the poor guy is lonely). Thanks for the help!

A White Cloud Minnow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello, I was wondering if any of you had good ideas on some stocking options for my 15-gallon tank. From previous stockings, I had stocked a few platys and corys and other bits and bobs but most of these have died off and I have just now have had the time to put some more thought into it. Currently, I would like my tank to be a community tank with pH 6.5-7.5 pH friendly fish. I currently have a Delta Tail Male Beta Fish, and a single Albino Corydora(Yes I know the poor guy is lonely). Thanks for the help!
Before anything I would get the Cory some friends. IMO, I would keep them in a group of 5. Although a 15 gallon is a bit small.

EDIT- if your betta allows, you could also have some shrimp. but only particular betta fish won’t eat them. I don’t know if the Cory would eat them.

RyanCoryLover

Reaction score
I dont think I will get shrimp, but do you think that 3 corys would be good? I also was thinking about a pair of sunset mollies and 5 tetras

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I dont think I will get shrimp, but do you think that 3 corys would be good? I also was thinking about a pair of sunset mollies and 5 tetras
Mollies need a larger tank and tetras should be in groups of at least six. The same goes for corys, I think adding more of those should be first priority as opposed to adding any new species.

RyanCoryLover

Reaction score
Mollies need a larger tank and tetras should be in groups of at least six. The same goes for corys, I think adding more of those should be first priority as opposed to adding any new species.
Alright then. I have some plants and I heard platys are good for keeping plants healthy: Would a pair of platys be good? I'd not that's ok and I can focus on some more Cory's and 6-8 tetras

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alright then. I have some plants and I heard platys are good for keeping plants healthy: Would a pair of platys be good? I'd not that's ok and I can focus on some more Cory's and 6-8 tetras
I am not sure. Your tank could house platys, but I'm unsure because of the betta. Normally I wouldn't advice people to keep anything with their bettas besides maybe some shrimp and snails, but in a 15 gallon it might be okay depending on the betta.
However platys have a tendency to nip at anything and some tetras can be fin nippers, so I'd worry about the betta getting nipped.

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 35.7%

Top Bottom