15 Gallon Animals?? 15 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by Ziggythecat, May 27, 2018.

1. Ziggythecat

ZiggythecatValued MemberMember

So I got a 15gall long and I was wondering what type of reptile I could put in it. I’ve looked in to geckos but I really want a tree dwelling animal more than anything. Cresties have been in my mind but the fact they don’t grow back their tails really freaks me out.

It would be best if I didn’t have to feed live(mice, frozen or otherwise) food constantly as well so if there is anything you can think off please let me know.

I already have two fish tanks and need to get something a bit different!! (I’ve never had anything else)

2. emmysjj

emmysjjWell Known MemberMember

Species of frog? There are some really pretty ones out there.

3. wodesorel

wodesorelWell Known MemberMember

Will you be turning the tank on its side? Tree-dwelling means climbing, so very tall tanks are needed for these species to be able to move around and feel comfortable!

4. OP
    OP
    Ziggythecat

ZiggythecatValued MemberMember

Yes that is my intent

5. midna

midnaWell Known MemberMember

i've personally always wanted a chameleon. they might need lots of live foods though.

6. BReefer97

BReefer97Well Known MemberMember

Chameleons are for very experienced keepers only as they need to be fed live food every day. They also need very large SCREEN cages. There aren’t many reptiles that can go in a 15 gallon tank, vertical or horizontal. Maybe some milk frogs or something of that sort, but definitely no lizard or gecko species will work.

7. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Posion dart frogs? Certainly pretty, and the 'thumbnails' are known to be arboreal/active climbers.

8. emmysjj

Are snakes an option?

If so, ring neck snakes are great. They don't eat mice (they eat crickets), are really tiny, and burrow most of the time.

9. Gypsy13

Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

Whites tree frog! Mine was called Little Bit! Stayed under my porch light every night. Yes!

10. Gypsy13

Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

And sweet. Have three hanging out in my flower bed. Gotta love a wild snake that lets me hold it. And so pretty!

11. BReefer97

BReefer97Well Known MemberMember

You’ll probably have to end up upgrading the tank if you get a white’s tree frog. They get pretty massive. The one snowflake white’s tree frog I have now is already the size of a softball. They also require vertical space as opposed to horizontal :) and they need live food a few days a week, they’re huge eaters. A 15 gallon may be okay but I would really only use a 20 for one.

Ring neck snakes would work. A western hognose snake could work too, preferably a male.

12. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogTooWell Known MemberMember

13. emmysjj

I like pacman frogs, as well.

Axolotls need a 20 gallon for adults.

14. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Cresties as Adults should be housed in a 20 gallon long anyway. Maybe pacman frog?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice