15 Gallon Tank 15 Gallon (60l) Startup-tank, Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquasabi

Reaction score
I've had this tank for about 6 months now. It's housing 5 otos, and some of its spawn. It's perfectly cykled and the plants seem to respond well to my new lighting (two HO T5 flourescents 6500/10000K with reflectors and a LED-fixture which I started out with).

I use a DIY-CO2 system with citric acid and baking soda and have also started adding liquid carbon in addition to a basic liquid fertilizer.

I've planted the dwarf hair grass and rotala rotundifolia in a basic bottom layer substrate and amazonia dirt. Everything is going great and I'm just recently learning how to replant clippings.

Feel free to comment.
IMG_20181125_162430.jpg

OP
A

aquasabi

Reaction score
Nice tank! Maybe some stem plants to hide the heater/filter.
Thanx! I actually don't mind seeing the filter (surface skimmer). The current it produces is quite strong also, so I doubt it would do any good planting something in front of it.

But more plants are coming, I'm thinking about moving the rocks further from the backside and plant something else to cover up more ground. My only issue is that I need more substrate, and I dont know how to add it to the tank without making a mess out of everything. Got any sugestions?

Stoka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol. Just posted this in another thread not five minutes ago! ->> I’ve done this before. I used a 1 inch ID PVC pipe and a funnel at the top. Put the tube into the tank on the bottom. Pour your well washed substrate into the funnel and let it fall to the bottom of the tube. Then slowly lift the tube and let the substrate fall out. If you are careful you can add the substrate without clouding your tank too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 2 18.2%

Top Bottom