15 gal stocking choice

1. bettanugget Initiate Member

Im not sure what to stock my 15 gal tank with. It is planted, filtered and heated. These are 2 stocking ideas I was thinking about. Feel free to correct me on any thing that doesn't sound like a good idea.Or which one you think is better

Choice 1:
    1 dwarf gourami
    4 white cloud minnows
    4 cardinal tetras

Choice 2:
    1 dwarf gourami
    3 platy
    3 panda cory

2. BellatheBetta Member Member

All I would say is that cories, WCMM and cardinal tetras are all much better in groups of 6+ and so should/must be kept this way.

3. DebsR Member Member

I believe wcmm are cold water fish, so you would need to keep your tank in the low 70s for them to be happy. Also agree with above groups of 6+ :)

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Agreed. WCMM are cold water while cardinals and dwarf gourami's are more tropical. What are the dimensions of the tank?

5. JeffK Well Known Member Member

Assuming this is a "typical" 15 gallon tank (24"Lx12"Wx12"H) I think you could go with choice 2. Keep the temp at 76 and add 1-2 more panda cories to make 4-5. It was recommended to me years ago by a very respected member here (harpua) to go with 4 panda cories in my 15 gal and I've done it ever since.

6. BellatheBetta Member Member

I agree that sounds like a very nice tank stock.

7. bettanugget Initiate Member

Awesome, id also be open to any new ideas, also i thought the white clouds could do both cold and tropical water