Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

145 Gallon Tanganyika Tank-help Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Dhorasoo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. DhorasooNew MemberMember

Hi all. Soon I'm transfering from CA cichlids to Tanganyika. I have 145 gal tank - 220x50x50cm, so I'm wondering what to mix inside? I really like neolamprologus multifasciatus, so definitely they will go in. Besides them, i like Julidochromis for rocky places of tank, what other species u suggest? if possible, I'd like it to be peacefull. i like the yellow leleupis as well, but want to check first before purchasing, so i avoid any deaths and confrontation. Thx in advance

2. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

I have Mbuna, Haps and Peacocks in my tank. But, lots of rock, wood and sight line interrupters as well! Only conflict so far is between the male Saulosi and a Rusty over one prime 'wooded' area lol!
    Here is a link to the breeder near me. He ships all over continental N. America. Scroll down the availability list to the lamprologous section. You might get some ideas from the lamprologous and julies he has available.

3. coralbanditFishlore VIPMember

Neolamprologus cylindricus will fit in nicely.
    Look at the Juliodichromis also .Marleri and transcriptus ,dickfeldi .
    Stay away from Tropheus they were the mistake of my tang tank.
    I kept tangs for 4-5 years in my 135 g when I had well water .Fun tank !
    [​IMG]
    Give them a ton of rock..^^^ I mean a ton ^^

4. DhorasooNew MemberMember

yeah, rocks are already all set. will check species u mentioned, thx. Tropheus are on different diet, so didnt plan them in.

i had Mbunas previosly, now Im more interested in Tanganyika cichlids. And since Im from Europe, dont think yout breeder will ship across the world :)

5. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

No, just N. America:(-I stocked my whole tank with 34 of his cichlids, rainbowfish and catfish and they are growing up gorgeous!