145 Gallon Tanganyika Tank-help Stocking

Dhorasoo

Reaction score
HI all. Soon I'm transfering from CA cichlids to Tanganyika. I have 145 gal tank - 220x50x50cm, so I'm wondering what to mix inside? I really like neolamprologus multifasciatus, so definitely they will go in. Besides them, I like Julidochromis for rocky places of tank, what other species u suggest? if possible, I'd like it to be peacefull. I like the yellow leleupis as well, but want to check first before purchasing, so I avoid any deaths and confrontation. Thx in advance

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dhorasoo said:
HI all. Soon I'm transfering from CA cichlids to Tanganyika. I have 145 gal tank - 220x50x50cm, so I'm wondering what to mix inside? I really like neolamprologus multifasciatus, so definitely they will go in. Besides them, I like Julidochromis for rocky places of tank, what other species u suggest? if possible, I'd like it to be peacefull. I like the yellow leleupis as well, but want to check first before purchasing, so I avoid any deaths and confrontation. Thx in advance
I have Mbuna, Haps and Peacocks in my tank. But, lots of rock, wood and sight line interrupters as well! Only conflict so far is between the male SaulosI and a Rusty over one prime 'wooded' area lol!
Here is a link to the breeder near me. He ships all over continental N. America. Scroll down the availability list to the lamprologous section. You might get some ideas from the lamprologous and julies he has available.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Neolamprologus cylindricus will fit in nicely.
Look at the Juliodichromis also .MarlerI and transcriptus ,dickfeldI .
Stay away from Tropheus they were the mistake of my tang tank.
I kept tangs for 4-5 years in my 135 g when I had well water .Fun tank !

Give them a ton of rock..^^^ I mean a ton ^^

OP
Dhorasoo

Dhorasoo

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Neolamprologus cylindricus will fit in nicely.
Look at the Juliodichromis also .MarlerI and transcriptus ,dickfeldI .
Stay away from Tropheus they were the mistake of my tang tank.
I kept tangs for 4-5 years in my 135 g when I had well water .Fun tank !

Give them a ton of rock..^^^ I mean a ton ^^

yeah, rocks are already all set. will check species u mentioned, thx. Tropheus are on different diet, so didnt plan them in.

Momgoose56 said:
I have Mbuna, Haps and Peacocks in my tank. But, lots of rock, wood and sight line interrupters as well! Only conflict so far is between the male SaulosI and a Rusty over one prime 'wooded' area lol!
Here is a link to the breeder near me. He ships all over continental N. America. Scroll down the availability list to the lamprologous section. You might get some ideas from the lamprologous and julies he has available.
I had Mbunas previosly, now I'm more interested in Tanganyika cichlids. And since I'm from Europe, don't think yout breeder will ship across the world

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dhorasoo said:
yeah, rocks are already all set. will check species u mentioned, thx. Tropheus are on different diet, so didnt plan them in.
I had Mbunas previosly, now I'm more interested in Tanganyika cichlids. And since I'm from Europe, don't think yout breeder will ship across the world
No, just N. America-I stocked my whole tank with 34 of his cichlids, rainbowfish and catfish and they are growing up gorgeous!

New Threads