14 gallon cube stocking?.

Fishyfishyfishman

Hi everyone I am getting A rimless 14 gallon cube and really want African dwarf frogs. I also want celestial pearl danios. I temp will be around 73-74 but will change if nessecary. I also like Asian stone catfish. I also want to hear other suggestions. Thank You

I am getting a 14 gallon cube today and want to know how many CPDs I could put in if I amalso doing ADFs I have read that they can be kept together. The tank will be moderately-heavily planted and have an aquaclear 50. How many CPDs could I do with 3 ADFs?

WRWAquarium

Don't know too much about practical stocking with dwarf frogs or experience of keeping. The CPD's should work so long as they aren't tiny juveniles.

The catfish I think could be an issue. Both will be on the substrate level and I'm not sure if the frogs would try to bite fins.

Fishyfishyfishman

It did‘t accur to me the frogs might bite the catfish. I’ve read about people successfully keeping ADFs and CPDs so im not worried. Also what do you think would be an appropriate number of all of the listed. Will look into frog/catfish compatibility.

WRWAquarium

Well dwarf frogs really aren't aggressive and I see they are reccomended with ottos and corys so it's probably very unlikely. Just when I feed them at work they do tuck into food quite vigorously and can imagine them nibbling at a fish in the way unintentionally. I guess competition for food could be an issue either way.

Stocking maybe:

3 ADF's
1 stone catfish
8 CPD's

Fishyfishyfishman

The asIan stone catfish need to be kept in groups. Around three minimum. I hear they Aren’t schooling/schoaling But very sociable. that does make sense.

“Just when I feed them at work they do tuck into food quite vigorously and can imagine them nibbling at a fish in the way unintentionally. I guess competition for food could be an issue either way.”

Any ideas on how to avoid competition? What other fish would you recomend?
I would also like to see what Lucy and Redshark1 have to say about this.

WRWAquarium

I'm thinking 8 CPDs is what I would try.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views
CoolCoryCatz
Replies
Views
Fishyfishyfishman
Replies