125g stocking thoughts

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by llfish, Jul 22, 2015.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Hey there just curious if the following would work together.

I currently have 2 angels about 3-4 inches and 5 dension barbs about inches that I will be moving into my 125g. Not sure what else to put in here. I need a bottom dweller or school. Would clown loaches work? I have corys in my 55 g and not sure if I want more in the big tank.

as well I am thinking of a severum or 2 and/or blood parrot, I am just unsure they will be good with angels. Thoughts?Or other ideas?

2. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I would get more angels and denison barbs. I would have 5 to 7 angels, and at least 10 barbs. More if you want. They are kind of pricey though. Clown loaches would be fine. Get at least 6. They are very slow growers. Severums should be fine with the angels in a 125. I would just get one though. A parrot should work too.

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

Arent 5-7 angels, 10 densions, 6 clowns loaches, a severum and a blood parrot a bit on the heavy side of stocking for a 125?

4. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I don't think so. But I know how conservative people on this forum stock. There is nothing wrong with that at all. But the stock I suggested would work.

Put a 40 gallon sump, or a Eheim 2262, or a couple of FX6's on it and it will be fine in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. OP
    OP
    llfish

Initially I will be running a Rena L canister (350gph), with a cascade 300 hob(300gph) (currently on my 55g that these fish have been in for about a year. I may get rid of the hob eventually and replace with a fluval 406 but im not sure.

I might leave out the clown loaches as they get massive and really require that school of 5 or more.

I was initially going to leave my 55g running as a fresh water I have changed my mind so all of my 55 stock will be going into the 125. So stock so far that will be going in...
    2 angels
    5 dension barbs
    5 emerald corys
    a bristlenose
    male lyrtail swordtail
    1 bolivian ram
    3 cherry barbs (about 3 years old and I don't plan on replenishing)
    3 bleeding heart tetras ( I will get 3-6 more)

So the above is what I have to work with or add too lol...I would still love a juv severum of some type, other fish I like perhaps a electric blue acara....German blue ram? Dwarf gourami, pearl gourami? Blood parrot, some type of loach, I would love more densions but my lfs sells them at abot 35-40 each and I really don't want to spend that much I luckily inherited the 5 I have. Could I do a school of giant danios?

Decor I have fine gravel, three large pieces of driftwood, anubias, swords, and java moss live plants but will also do some silk to fill in,I might add some river rocks and make caves or will just throw in some terracotta pots.
    So throw me some ideas, I realize if I get a severum or blood parrot tiny fish are not an option...they are not really an option with my angels, about a month ago I put in 10 neons and a few guppies into my 55g with them and they were eaten ;( I am open to really any fresh ideas! But it will have to work with current stock and filtration.
    I had tonnes of coffee I apologize for the babble!

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

The emerald cories might not be a good mix in your tank. They prefer cooler water temps (much cooler than the angels prefer). Sterbai and aeneus would do much better in your tank.

7. OP
    OP
    llfish

I have had them for almost 3 years and I will keep them in the set up but I will not up their school. If I do add more corys it will be some that are better suited to the temp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice