125G Leaking

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Cichlidnut, Dec 18, 2012.

1. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

My 125 gallon tank is leaking. I have no idea where it is leaking from either. My floor is nice and wet though :D

The only place I have to put all the fish is a single 55. I have a feeling my fish aren't going to like being cramped in to a 55.

2. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Oh that is terrible!! Well at least you have another tank to use ( and BB ) until you find out where/whats leaking.... Good luck!!!

3. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Sorry to hear that. Are you going to reseal it?

4. OP
    OP
    C

It's a home made plywood tank. I'll have to put another coat of fibreglass on it. If I move some fish around, I can free up a second 55. Another issue is that my 55's don't have lids. Darn giant danios like to jump out.

5. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

:/ sorry to hear that.

Looks like fish is back on the menu boys...

6. OP
    OP
    C

It's also snowing really hard outside. That is going to make it even more fun to find my leak ;D

I don't have a net big enough for some of my fish lol. I'm going to have to do some fish wrestling.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  7. Jaysee

Well, if you want to tip the scale, you can drain the tank first :) Otherwise, I'd say the fish have the advantage :)

8. OP
    OP
    C

I a certainly intend on draining it first! I'd never catch them if I don't. I hate being outsmarted by fish.

9. Jaysee

Yeah, and you don't want the fish injuring itself.

10. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Oh thats terrible, good luck with the repair job. Be careful with the Oscar, I love that one. ;)

11. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Wow...sorry to hear about the leak.

You can use syran wrap as a temporary lid which i use on my QT tank.

12. OP
    OP
    C

Got most of the Cichlids moved. I should start one of those "am I overstocked?" threads :D

13. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Haha, you'd have a field day with that one;)

14. OP
    OP
    C

All the fish are moved, almost all the water is drained. I've got a lot of wet sand to remove now. It was 100lbs when it was dry.

So tired. I got to play with a hose today, outside, during a snow storm. I was a special kind of cold :D I can't even wind the hose up because it's frozen solid now.

Once I get the sand out, I can move the tank and find the leak.

15. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Doing such a feat reveals a man with a true love for his aquatic companions:D

16. OP
    OP
    C

There's that. Or I need to re-think my life choices. Lol! I've spent all day dealing with this. I've still got a nice puddle in my carpet too!

17. Jahnikar

Jahnikar Valued Member Member

I'd worry about that puddle before you worry about fixing the leak. If you get mold, you'll have bigger problems than an overstocked tank.

Sorry to hear you sprung a leak though. At least you caught it relatively quickly!

18. OP
    OP
    C

Of course I'll clean up the puddle first. I've got to move the darn tank and stand before I can do that. It's a lot of work! It's also extremely dry here. I'm not that worried about mold.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  19. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

Leaking is such a pain hope you solve the issue quick.

20. OP
    OP
    C

Thanks guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice