125 Stocking!

1. Dycofree

Dycofree Well Known Member Member

Hey guys:

I have had my 125 gallon up and running for roughly 3 months now and have had it stocked for just as long as I transferred fish from an old 75 I had. I had it completely stocked, but just rehomed 6 clown loaches today. I currently have 1 baby Red Spotted male Severum, 8 Denison Barbs (3”), and 2 Bolivian rams (pair). I need some bottom feeders and will probably go back to cories as I never realized how much id miss them once I didnt have them! Any recommendations on which species and how many? Im running two Aquatop cf500uv’s on the tank. Any other bottom feeders recommendations would be great!

2. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

personally i really like my pictus catfish that are in my 112g. I have 3. They school around the tank all day. Very pretty. Active. Eat everything. And won't let anything else mess with them but otherwise very peaceful. They don't get too incredibly big, i think around 5". You could do some fancy plecos. I have two clown plecos in the same tank. I actually do see them several times a day.

3. B

Becknewt24 Valued Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Dycofree Well Known Member Member

Awesome suggestions! I had a Butterfly Pleco previously and it NEVER came out. It really turned me off of spending a decent amount of $ on a pleco, haha! The bristlenose I have right now was a rescue from a friend and is full of personality, so I’m good there. I think the idea of 20-25 cories is still my favorite as of now. Just no idea which kind would be most compatible/if I can hold that many.

5. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member