125 litre stocking ideas

• Thread starter Tetra27
  • Start date

Tetra27

Hi all, beginner here. I am due to cycle my fluval Roma 125 litre and would appreciate some stocking ideas? I've got a few ideas down bellow, tell me which one is best or suggest your own stocking ideas if you want.

Option A:

3 Honey Gouramis (1 male 2 females)
11 neon tetras
6 albino cory catfish

Option B:
2 anglefish
10 Cardinal tetras
6 albino cory catfish

Option C
1 male Pearl Gourami
10 neon tetras
6 albino Cory catfish

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
I'd probably go with Option A. Have you considered a different tetra? Black neon tetras are one of my favorites, and while their colors aren't as striking as the typical neons they're still beautiful fish, and seem to be hardier.

Tetra27

JettsPapa said:
I'd probably go with Option A. Have you considered a different tetra? Black neon tetras are one of my favorites, and while their colors aren't as striking as the typical neons they're still beautiful fish, and seem to be hardier.

Yes im open to different tetras, black skirt tetras are also a species that interest me as they look quite unique. Can I ask why you chose option A?

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Tetra27 said:
Yes im open to different tetras, black skirt tetras are also a species that interest me as they look quite unique. Can I ask why you chose option A?
Serpae tetras are another one of my favorites, with a body shape more like skirts, but more colorful.

I chose option A mostly from personal preference. While it will probably take a while, an angelfish may get a little large for your tank. I really like pearl gouramis, but like them in small groups (one male and two or so females), and again, your tank may be a little small for that. With that being said, I wouldn't criticize it if you choose either one.

Tetra27

JettsPapa said:
Serpae tetras are another one of my favorites, with a body shape more like skirts, but more colorful.

I chose option A mostly from personal preference. While it will probably take a while, an angelfish may get a little large for your tank. I really like pearl gouramis, but like them in small groups (one male and two or so females), and again, your tank may be a little small for that. With that being said, I wouldn't criticize it if you choose either one.

Yes that's the downside I've been thinking about for the other two options, I'd only be able to have the pearl or the angel as individual centre pieces. My tank is not a particularly tall tank either so I'm still in two minds about the angel.

Top Bottom